Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Terrified: food poisoning help!

So, I went to Wendy's tonight after work and got the 4 for $4 meal with one of my friends. I've eaten there so many times and everything has been fine. One of my friends got their Baconator fries a week ago and ended up with food poisoning after. All of a sudden I started feeling gradually more n******* and now I'm freaking out. I keep having to swallow and there's a lot of spit in my mouth and I feel really off. I don't know if it's anxiety or actual food poisoning. I'm just really scared and need some help!

Default Re: Terrified: food poisoning help!

My general rule is: if you're questioning whether it's anxiety, it probably is anxiety!! With fp it's pretty obvious that it's the real deal, you just have this unique feeling of n* that differs from anxiety n*. The fact that you found out about your friend's case could have easily triggered the n* you are feeling now. Try having a mint or something to distract yourself, mint-flavoured things always help me get rid of n* when it's anxiety-based. You're fine don't worry!
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" - Audrey Hepburn

It sounds like anxiety n* to me. You are going to be okay.

Food poisoning isn't questionable, it's impossible to talk yourself out of it. My dad had it once and was almost hospitalized. That was the only time in my 39 years he's ever been sick and it was severe. You're anxious. Fast food restaurants have INSANELY high restrictions, it's extremely unlikely to become ill from Wendy's. Your friend didn't have food poisoning, if she did others would have had the same and it would have been reported. It's more likely that she was sick and that happened to be the last place that she ate before becoming ill. Fries are FRIED killing any bacteria or viruses on them The cheese is canned cheese, so again, no bacteria and the bacon is smoked. It's practically impossible to catch ANYTHING from that. It wasn't food poisoning for her and you're not ill either. I am 100% certain.