Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: D"

Default D"

Had d* this morning in work!! Only once but I had already been to the loo before work. I felt a bit off but stayed in work and didnt eat in case it triggered another bout. 50 mins ago I was starving and as I hadnt had d* for 9 hours I ate a yoghurt. Within 15 mins I was back on the toilet with awful almost water d*. Throughout all this I havent felt sick so havent been too worried. But right now I do feel n*. My question is can I still v* even though my stomach upset started hours ago.

Default Re: D"

Well, yes, but remember that d* and n* doesn't have to go hand in hand. There are plenty of reasons for having d* that doesn't involve v*. Maybe you're n* because you're anxious, and it could also be becaue of hunger/dehydration. But it's not easy to say, really. It could be anything. Which is what makes it so horrible, I know, I'm sorry I can't help at all, but I hope you feel better soon and that you won't get s*.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for replying. Ive just been again. Afraid to take meds to stop it in case whatever bug it is needs to be flushed out of my body one way or another. I am feeling hungry but obv not gonna risk food til the morning. Its 9.20 pm now and I just hope to God that it doesnt get worse or I wake up v*.

Best to avoid medication to stop the diarrhea if you can, that's for sure. As to whether or not you'll vomit, it's impossible to tell. Some people vomit a day or so after diarrhea starts, some vomit first, and it's different every time even for the same person. The best thing you can do to help the diarrhea without eating would be to drink gastrolyte.

I've had a couple instances in the past 5-6 years where I had a similar experience... woke up with d, which continued for several hours with minimal other symptoms. No idea why, and as long as I didn't eat much during that time I was able to manage it pretty well (it would still come here and there, especially earlier in the day.)

If it gets too persistent and you can't leave work I would probably use something like immodium to just get through the day (I'm not typically one to jump right to medication but I think if it starts to interfere with work/your commute then that's best.)

When it has happened to me in the past I've just sipped water and maybe nibbled on pretzels or something like that to curb the hunger a little bit. And by dinner time I've always been able to start with regular foods again. Most importantly, just try to hydrate!