Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: It's spreading.

Default It's spreading.

I guess this is a continuation of the sickness going around in my house. My sister L is fine now! However, now my baby sister A got sick...
    This is a huge step back for me. My hands are just now starting to heal from when I wrecked them by washing them so much because L was sick. I really don't want to go through this again! Will my brother catch it? Will it spread through the whole house? I almost rather die. This phobia makes me scared to have kids because of me having morning sickness and my children getting sick. Why do people get sick?! Why does this have to be a thing?! I'm really freaking out right now! I just want to run away.

Default Re: It's spreading.

So sorry you're going through this! I totally understand, and would be just as scared as you are. It really is the worst time of the year, and I feel like literally EVERYONE has had the SV this year already. You obviously have great hygiene, so just keep washing your hands good and if you can, just don't use the bathrooms where your siblings have been sick. You could always have your parents bleach the bathroom. Just because it's in your house does NOT mean you will get it. Plenty of people have aboided it in their own house. Non emets are way more at risk of catching it because they don't know all of the precautions that we do. It's easy to prevent, wash your hands and don't get near someone who is actively sick (particles) and I promise you will not catch it. Sending you positive vibes!

Thank you so much! This morning A was playing and she looked totally fine. Maybe it was just a fluke?
    I'm still being extra careful, of course.

Yes, it definitely could be a fluke! Kids bodies are so different than ours and much more sensitive! Glad she is better and you sound better too!