Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Back pain causing weird sitting positions... causing intestinal pain?

I sprained my back, right below the shoulderblade while showering earlier... yea it sucks, but... because of such, I've had my body crunched over like a half opened accordion, which is causing pain in my intestine...

What I need help with, is, how can I alleviate the issue? I can't straighten my back, or I'll be put in serious pain from the sprain, but I can't keep being hunched, or my intestine and comorbid nausea/indigestion will continue. It's either death by sprain, or death by nausea lol. I would choose the sprain pain if I could, but my body kinda shocks me back from straightening

Default Re: Back pain causing weird sitting positions... causing intestinal pain?

First step: call your pharmacist and ask if you can take anything to relieve the muscle pain (painkillers, anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants). They can tell you whether it is appropriate or not for you. Then if whatever solution they offer doesn't bring relief, you'll need to see a doctor and/or physiotherapist for help.

Default Re: Back pain causing weird sitting positions... causing intestinal pain?

Are you sure it's a sprain/strain? What if you lay down on your stomach, do you still have the same pain as when you're standing up straight? (same position but in one the muscles are not actively contracting) When you're flexed forward it puts stretch on the muscles/soft tissue in your back while extending or being upright will typically cause them to contract. If it's a muscle strain that would usually be most painful to either contract the muscle (such as when standing upright) or stretch the muscle (flexed forward.) Either way, if it's a sprain/strain anti-inflammatories will help and you should also be icing periodically through the day during this acute phase to control inflammation.

If it continues to bother you within the next few days or if it worsens (or you think it's something other than just a sprain or strain) then I would see the doctor.