Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Getting really anxious and home alone.... Help please

Hello everyone,

so it's my first time posting, although I've lurked this site for quite a long time. I've never felt the need to post for help before, because there's always been someone here to comfort me and help me feel okay. But I'm alone right now. And really scared. I felt exhausted earlier, so I took a small nap. When I woke up, I felt queasy, and it still hasn't gone away yet. I've taken some stomach relief stuff and had lots of water, but this s*cky feeling isn't shifting. I'm starting to get more and more panicky that it might be a stomach bug. I overheard my highschool teacher saying she'd been feeling really s*ck all day, and that immediately made me worried that she had a bug, and there was a possibility I could catch it. And now, lo and behold, I feel s*ck to my stomach and I don't know what to do! I swear to god, a stomach bug would be my worst nightmare. It's the whole reason I even have this stupid phobia. I seriously would rather die than go through it again. I'm trying so hard to distract myself and somehow feel better, but it's not working. I'm just freaking out and reducing myself to tears, pacing the house and getting all shaky. Please, can someone give me some reassurance? I seriosuly have no where else to turn, no one's gonna be here for a few more hours. I'm so scared

Default Re: Getting really anxious and home alone.... Help please

Deep breathing, in for ten seconds, out for ten seconds, repeat. Close your eyes, too. Take a bath, read a book, watch a show you like to distract yourself. If you have any chewing gum, that can help, too. Tell your stomach to chill out! I really believe we can communicate with our bodies, and it can help to lessen problems, or anxieties. I bet you are just dealing with anxiety after hearing your teacher mention it. How are you now?