Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help! Please tell me I am overreacting!

Okay PLEASE tell me I am overthinking/overreacting. So I have been on edge all week because I am alone until Saturday due to my husband travelling for work. And this morning I get a call my grandfather passed away. Since then everything has went downhill. Not only am I n* from my girl issues starting today but from nerves as well. Well I’ve completely freaked myself out now. So at work my boss had me go purchase a snow shovel, and there were 2 left so I bought one, and came back and it’s cracked. Go figure. So back to the store to return in. Exchanged it for the last one hanging up on the rack. As I get to my car I notice a faint splatter of something on the plastic part of the shovel. Splattered all across it. Dried of course, but I must have been the only one who noticed it. So I am freaking out because I have to put it in my car and I can’t go back inside and return it because I have no excuse, so I managed to fit it in my trunk so it doesn’t touch my seats. Then of course I realized I touched everything else in my car with the same gloves I had on that touched the shovel. What is the likelihood that it really is V* splattered on there? Please tell me even if it was I am not gonna catch noro. L I just cant think of anything else it could be besides v*. And I am stuck here at work for 3 more hours feeling completely contaminated and freaked out.

Default Re: Help! Please tell me I am overreacting!

I PROMISE you that you're safe. The likelihood that someone would v* at a hardware store is BEYOND slim, the idea that it would be on a shovel is 0. It was most likely dirt, mud or food. It's not v*, it's not contagious and you're not susceptible to getting sick. I PROMISE. 100%.

Default Re: Help! Please tell me I am overreacting!

Often times in retail stores, they mop the floor and the water with the detergent plus the crap on the floor makes a splatter in the items that are touching the floor. I'm sure you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly1469 View Post
    Okay PLEASE tell me I am overthinking/overreacting. So I have been on edge all week because I am alone until Saturday due to my husband travelling for work. And this morning I get a call my grandfather passed away. Since then everything has went downhill. Not only am I n* from my girl issues starting today but from nerves as well. Well I’ve completely freaked myself out now. So at work my boss had me go purchase a snow shovel, and there were 2 left so I bought one, and came back and it’s cracked. Go figure. So back to the store to return in. Exchanged it for the last one hanging up on the rack. As I get to my car I notice a faint splatter of something on the plastic part of the shovel. Splattered all across it. Dried of course, but I must have been the only one who noticed it. So I am freaking out because I have to put it in my car and I can’t go back inside and return it because I have no excuse, so I managed to fit it in my trunk so it doesn’t touch my seats. Then of course I realized I touched everything else in my car with the same gloves I had on that touched the shovel. What is the likelihood that it really is V* splattered on there? Please tell me even if it was I am not gonna catch noro. L I just cant think of anything else it could be besides v*. And I am stuck here at work for 3 more hours feeling completely contaminated and freaked out.