Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone. I was wondering is there any anti-emetic meds. you can get over the counter? I don't have alot of experience with any of these and I don't know to much either. My sister had some left over clozopaine (sp) from her last pregnancy and my mom has some Zofran she was prescribed some time ago that I took notice to in her medicine cabinet. I just don't know how I would get my doctor to prescribe me any of them. I couldn't come out and say, " I hate puking give me some anti-emetics." I'm sure she'd jum at that one. Plus, I switched PCP and this woman has no idea the way I' am. For those of you who have anti-emetics how did you get them and how well do they work for you? TIA:O)
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

I see my NP for this phobia and she is 100% supportive. I just asked her for something to calm my stomach down. I find with gravol it makes me so sleepy and I have the diarrhea from it so she gave me Bonamine, it works just like gravol but no side effects. I am sure there are other emets that take medications for this. I take lorazapam when I am very nervous and I have Rescue Remedy that I put under my tongue it works good to, its a herbal.
    Good luck with your doctor. Try to be open and honest you might be surprized that you may not be the only patient this doctor has seen with this phobia.

Not too long ago, I told my GP that I got sick on airplanes and he wrote me a (small) script for Zofran. I have not tried them with an SV, but whenever my tummy feels the least bit upset and I have taken one it has worked really well. I had a roomate a while back who was a physicians assistant and he said that Zofran is really effective with cancer patients to keep them from V while going through Chemo so I figure it has to work pretty well.

I have Maxolon and Motilium. They're both really good at making you feel more relaxed seeing as you can't actually v* after youve had them. I rarely ever use mine tho.

I got mine on prescription before my doctor knew i was emetophobic and i have kept them now. My doc said, however, that she doesnt mind me having them, as long as thats the only 'saftey thing' i have.

I believe, though, that you can get Motilium over the counter in most countries. When its sold over the counter its called "Motilium 10", but its exactly the same drug.
    (billy)

I live in the US, how does that work if I order it from a Canadian website? I think I have seen it on the net before??

I would just point blank ask for them.

I went into urgent care once when I was feeling sick and asked the doctor for something to take the nausea away, and he did-compazine. Then I just kept refilling the prescription. I have sort of stock piled it.

Have you ever had an SV and taken the compazine? Is it pretty effective in preventing V?

Raso- Yes I have taken it during a SV. I am very very prone to SVs, but have not v' since I was 8 years old. I probably wouldn't v' anyway, but it sure does help make things more comfortable. I was having other stomach problems (I have major problems with my pancreas and intestines and stomach[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]) and the compazine was a life saver. I would have missed most of my senior year in high school and most of college if not for compazine.

Benedryl works too, if its bed time I will take that. When I'm in the hospital they always prescribe Benedryl first.

I need to talk to my doctor, I think it would make me feel better just having them for in reserve!

I love compazine, and wish I could get more, but again I can't ask. I had it last time I had food poisoning and it worked well. I stopped v*** and just had d* which I really don't mind.

I take ginger pills, simple, basic, but it works and I always keep a supply of cola syrup on hand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.