Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I just have a feeling

i have a tummy ache, and i have a sickly taste in my mouth... and now i'm starting to panic loads [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]sweaty palms... shaking.... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I'm really scared...

and it's only me n my mam in the house.. why should i be scared?

I hate it... i don't wanna be sick.... how do i stop myself from being sick? please help.... [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]The more i think about it, the more i panic [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

Louise, you will NOT be sick. you've got urself worked up, and u've made urself feel nauseous. grab some gum, get some water, engross urself in a film, and calm down sweetheart.

just remember, UR NOT ILL, people arent sick just like that for NO REASON> its all nerves.

make sure u control ur breathing, breathe in for 4 seconds, breathe out for 8 and repeat.

sit down on a chair, with ur legs stretched out and cross one foot over the other... whichever foot is on the top, put ur hands on ur lap and cross the corresponding hand over the other.. (dont worry if u dont get that... as long as ur hands are in a relaxed position )

then shut ur eyes, bow ur head down a little, and just relax, doing the breathing thing. pretend ur at ur favourite place... and just feel the wind/sun/birds/whatever around you.

sitting there panicking is making u worse.

wanna come into chat??

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeh... meet you in chat [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Don't worry Louise, you'll be fine. You won't be sick out of the blue, it's probably just because you're panicking, try sipping some water to make the sicklytaste go away.

but i wouldn't panic for no reason.....

i was just nearly sick then, but nothing came up [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

aww hun...how ya doin now? Have you eaten anything recently?

Try and relax as best you can ok? By panicing you are going to make everything worse.

Find yourself soemthing mint...a mint..some gum..something..or take some pepto..or a couple of rolaids.

Try the relaxation techniques mentioned above..

and remember that no matter what happens you are going to be ok...i promise!!!

Did you dry heave? or just feel like you were going to be sick?

stay strong...your gonna get through this..
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Louise

but i wouldn't panic for no reason.....

You wouldn't panic for no reason, eh? We're emetophobes... that's what we do!! Hehe... Seriously though, It seems like you're often worried about a stomach ache and sickly taste. I know I can't feel what you're feeling, but it sounds similar to the many times before this when you've complained of the same thing. Even if you are sick, what's the worst thing that would happen? You'd get sick at home with your mom there.... I know vomiting is a scary thing, but if our bodies need to do it, then there's obviously a reason. Yes it's vile, but it's necessary. Just try to relax as much as possible, do some breathing exercises, and as everyone else said, try some mints or gum. Hope you're feeling better soon!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

<Zachary>
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

lol, i'm sorry if i complain a lot [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]i'm just sooooo paranoid!!

I'm feeling a lot better now.. i think i'm just a bit bloated [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Im glad you are feeling better!!!!

Always remember that no matter what happens..you will be ok..wether you do the deed or not..you will survive it!!!

Stay strong..and maybe take a gas-x!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Ahh, I love it when posts like these turn out a-okay!!! I'm really glad you're feeling better! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

haha [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I'm feeling fine now! but last night, i got in a right state wondering if i was going to be sick or not!

But now i think that, because i wasn't sick last night.... i'm going to be sick anytime soon [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Louise: we cud all drive ourselves crazy saying "we havent been sick for a long time, therefore, we're "due" to be sick soon". but dont even bother going down that dead end alley. it wil get u nowhere.

im sure u no about people who have not been sick for about 50 years or what-not.

i konw its hard.... trust me.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey Louise! glad you are feeling better! Jenneh is right if you think about it that way then you will be scared ALL the time just waiting for it to happen. Try to look at it like you didn't get sick last night when you felt horrible so why would you today when you feel fine and int he future remember how horrible you felt and were ok!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

yeah... just to add on to that ... many emets actually v* or feel PROPER nausea and realise that the nausea they were feeling before, was blatently fake and down to anxiety.

i mean, if u are ever gnna v*, you will know, it wont just be a nasty feeling.. it wil be an EXTREMELY nasty controlling feeling.

Jen xxx

MSN:

yeah, I agree that you can totally tell the difference, Jenneh. doesn't make the panic attacks anyeasier though, does it. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenneh

Louise: we cud all drive ourselves crazy saying "we
    havent been sick for a long time, therefore, we're "due" to be sick
    soon".
    I do that all the time... I remember the days that I've been sick and
    all... if the schedual is right, I'm due to be sick next April.

-Anna

But the last time i was sick, i didn't actually feel sick, i jsut was... it was in the middle of the night, and woke up with a tummy ache and heartburn! lol

and then before i knew it.... YUK [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

well, Louise, what a mean is, about10 secsbefore u did it .. u werent pondering whether u were gnna v* or nt.. u KNEW u were... its odd, but the feeling is completely different.

Jen xxx

MSN: