Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Worried, wife has stomach bug

Hello everyone. I'm new to making posts like this, but I need someone to talk to.

My wife seems to have come down from what I can assume is the stomach bug, as she is vomiting, having diarrhea, and has a low grade fever. She just started having symptoms today. I am doing my best to take care of her, but it is hard. We live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 1 bathroom. So we share everything. I am terrified by the fact that I feel like I am guaranteed to catch the illness, and feel like a ticking time bomb. I am at an extreme level of heightened anxiety and stress, and feel even worse because I can't take care of my wife properly with my fears. I don't know what to do.

Default Re: Worried, wife has stomach bug

Hi There,

How is today going? I am sure it was an awful night with the anxiety of catching the virus. Totally understand what that is like! Something that helped me is Phenergan. When someone in the house comes down with anything GI related I ask the doctor to call some in for me. It works wonders at keeping all n* and v* far away. It is a comfort for me at least.

Regards,
    Sarai

Quote Originally Posted by sajarhatmak View Post
    Hi There,

How is today going? I am sure it was an awful night with the anxiety of catching the virus. Totally understand what that is like! Something that helped me is Phenergan. When someone in the house comes down with anything GI related I ask the doctor to call some in for me. It works wonders at keeping all n* and v* far away. It is a comfort for me at least.

Regards,
    Sarai
    So far no sickness. But I just keep thinking I'm going to re-infect myself because I haven't cleaned everything properly. If I do not catch the virus within 3 days, does that mean that my body fought off the sickness, or does it just mean I avoided contamination?

Quote Originally Posted by saturnonsurrounded View Post
    So far no sickness. But I just keep thinking I'm going to re-infect myself because I haven't cleaned everything properly. If I do not catch the virus within 3 days, does that mean that my body fought off the sickness, or does it just mean I avoided contamination?

I just cleaned the bathroom and am currently cleaning the clothes. I am worried being that close to the virus. At one point my gloves snapped and sprayed some water on my clothes. I'm worried during cleaning something got in my mouth somehow. My wife was sick more than 48 hours ago, and I haven't got it yet, so I thought I might be safe. But I feel like now I have to reset the clock.