Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: If you HAVE had the Norovirus before, please select your blood type!

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

15 20.55%
  • AB

4 5.48%
  • B

8 10.96%
  • O

27 36.99%
  • I've never had Norovirus.

19 26.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow What is your blood type, and have you had Norovirus before?

I've been reading that blood type affects susceptibility to the Norovirus. What is your blood type, and if you have been infected, how has it affected you? (v*, d*, both, or just nausea?)

Default Re: What is your blood type, and have you had Norovirus before?

not sure what blood type i have but yes i also read that your blood type can determine if you ever get symptoms or not.

I have type AB positive blood and my symptoms are usually less than my family members. I'm not sure whether that has to do with my blood type, or my extreme hygene regimen when Illness presents itself. I am really interested in seeing the results of this poll.

This poll is poorly written. Your TEN choices should be:

1. I am Type A and I think I've had norovirus
    2. I am Type A and I don't think I've had norovirus
    3. I am Type B and I think I've had norovirus
    4. I am Type B and I don't think I've had norovirus
    5. I am Type AB and I think I've had norovirus
    6. I am Type AB and I don't think I've had norovirus
    7. I am Type O and I think I've had norovirus
    8. I am Type O and I don't think I've had norovirus
    9. I don't know my blood type, and I think I've had norovirus
    10. I don't know my blood type, and I don't think I've had norovirus

Yes, I am the poll police. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    This poll is poorly written. Your TEN choices should be:

1. I am Type A and I think I've had norovirus
    2. I am Type A and I don't think I've had norovirus
    3. I am Type B and I think I've had norovirus
    4. I am Type B and I don't think I've had norovirus
    5. I am Type AB and I think I've had norovirus
    6. I am Type AB and I don't think I've had norovirus
    7. I am Type O and I think I've had norovirus
    8. I am Type O and I don't think I've had norovirus
    9. I don't know my blood type, and I think I've had norovirus
    10. I don't know my blood type, and I don't think I've had norovirus

Yes, I am the poll police. Doug
    Yeah, I wasn't sure how to word it. This is also my first day ever posting here. Do you mind if I repost a revise of this poll later based on your suggestion? I like the way you set it up!

By all means, do. I guess I was kind of tough on you. I hope we can be friends.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    By all means, do. I guess I was kind of tough on you. I hope we can be friends.
    Of course we can! And no problem at all... I'm just glad someone was able to better word what I was going for!

I`m not sure what blood type I am, I`ve tried to find out, but I was told that I`d have to register as a blood donor to be told. I can`t give blood as I

I`m not sure what my blood type is, but I have never had projectile vting, so I doubt if the bugs I`ve had in the past were noro.

Had noro once when I was 8 and there was no d* but a lot of v* and n*

I think it is meant be blood type O that is more susceptible to these viruses but honestly I don't think there is an awful lot in it. A is less likely and B is least likely. Obviously you can still get the virus but blood type B often is asymptomatic and A has less severe symptoms than O.

This is what I read on some academic article about norovirus and blood type that I found when i googled it after reading in a newspaper that blood type plays apart.
    The article also said that more important is whether or not you are a secretor or non-secretor. I have no idea how you find out which you are but it said non-secretor is the one that means you are less likely to have symptoms but being a non-secretor is less common and makes you more susceptible to numerous more serious illnesses so I wouldn't go wishing I am one!

Personally i'm blood type A and I don't think I've ever had norovirus because I can't remember ever having d* or v* that lasted for more than 1 or 2 bouts. Last time I got sick I suppose it could have bee norovirus but I only had 1 bout of v* and nothing else.

Blood type o i think was the one more likely to get it. I am o and have had a sv 2 times in25 years. One of those times it was only d* too. My husband, mum, sister and 2 of my children are o aswell and each of them have only had 1 sv in the last 10 years, all caught from the same source

From what I've read, there seems to be a natural resistence to the norovirus for those with blood types B and AB.
    I'm A.
    Bummer!

I am B+ I HAVE HAD noro. It was viscious. I was sick from both ends! The d* lasted a WEEK! The v* stopped only AFTER I went to the ER and got a shot of phenergan!
    My mom is O she has never had it (knock on wood) and she is the one who has always taken care of my kids when they have caught it. My oldest daughter is emet also. The couple of times she had it, she held on to my mom for dear life. My mom needless to say, had sick all over her and STILL breezed through it. I want my mom's immune system! lol
    Last edited by tshell; 02-29-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: adding to comment

I'm type O and I'm sure I have had noro twice in 23 years, both times I only had v* for one night and once my stomach was empty I stopped. The last time I got sick I'm not really sure if it was noro or not because I only v* once (but I did take like 3 phenergan that night) but I did have d* for like a week, but that's not abnormal because I have tummy problems so it's hard to say.
    ~*Sharon*~

I am type O, and i don't know if I have had noro, I have never had a sv that caused me to v*; as a child I only v'ed on 4 or 5 occasions. And only once did I v* twice on the same night. My sisters never got sick from me, so I don't think I ever had a sv when I was a kid. As an adult I have caught a few svs from my kids and one from my nephew, but have only had d*. So I am not sure!

I am starting to believe type O might be less susceptible. My momma is O and she rarely if ever gets noro, and if she does get a belly ache it is usually just that, a belly ache. i.e my daddy and brother both caught a stomach virus (don't know their blood types) and she hung around them and all she got was a bit queasy for an hour or so then nothing. I am type A and I have caught more than my fair share of stomach viruses.
    Life is so worth living.

I'm O+ and I seem to get these things more than most people. I've definitely had norovirus at least once (it was confirmed by a doctor during an outbreak on a school trip) and I got so sick I lost 10 pounds in 2 days.

Oh and I used to get the stomach virus at least once a year as a kid, vomiting and diarrhea every time. Now I'm in my 20s I tend to get it every other year instead, sometimes more.

I don't know my blood type, and I don't even know what norovirus is. I'd google it, but I think I'm better off not knowing what it is, so as to avoid panic.

My blood type is O-. I have never had a confirmed case of norovirus but I have had the symptoms described to be associated with noro. The last time I had a stomach bug was in 2006. It resulted in SEVERE stomach cramps and watery *d but no *v. I have not *v since 1988. ****Knocks on wood****

I'm O+ and I have had norovirus. When I was younger my illnesses were always very severe and my father described me as a "constantly sick child". But when I got older whenever I did get a sv* I would only v* once or twice and then it would be over.

I'm ab and I don't believe I've ever had noro. I've never v* more then twice from
    Being sick and haven't v* since I was 9. I almost wasn't emet until I was almost 19 and wasn't too worried about washing my hands. I just never got sick really

don't know my blood type but i do want to find out, shame i'm needlephobic! anyway i've never had a confirmed case of noro, had svs but not noro. there's a gene that can make you really resistant to it and i think my family have it because we're all the same way

Heyy new here...wondering if anyone can help me? I don't know my blood type but I do know both of my parents are A+, which means no chance I have B or AB (which more likely bring immunity to norovirus). Apparently I could have either A+, A-, O+ or O-. I did have my blood taken once, years and years ago but the doctor never told me what I have. Anyways...I'm here obviously because I'm a severe emetophobe (didn't know this was even a thing until recently, and all of the sudden all of those years where I just thought I was insane for my fear of puking made sense). And I'm wondering if the norovirus immunity gene (FUT2 I think?) is ONLY in people with B or AB blood types? I haven't puked since I was 4 (knock on wood) and I'm 19 now. I know that time it was because I was around someone who was sick. I'd like to think I had some sort of resistance to it (of course) because that would make my daily life a lot easier but I'm thinking that's not likely based on my possible blood type. I don't know. Any thoughts? My friend just left my house saying she felt super nauseous so now I'm freaking out haha.

im O- had bad *d and *n at xmas had fever, chills but no *v even though was close dont know if that was my mind stopping it. i heard blood type less susceptible than others or if your a non-secretor but yet to find out whether my blood type is susceptible!! i know it says O is but not sure is there any difference if positive or negative blood type???

I've had a stomach virus back in 2008. I was fatigued, achy, lethargic, chills and I had a mild fever. I didn't have diarrhea though. And it went for a week. Made me lose so much weight.

They found out that I had H. Pylori though (which is a bacteria). But it really felt like viral symptoms associated with norovirus.

I am an AB blood type. So maybe it wasn't a norovirus after all?

I'm A+, and I think I've only had it twice. The first time vomited once, but had diarrhea for 4 days. The second time it was only diarrhea.

My blood type is A+......don't think I've ever had noro
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I'm O- and I'm pretty sure had it on multiple occasions, all of which were caught from my immediate family members.
    I've never gotten it on my own though (knock on wood)