Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What Part Of V*ing Scares You The Most?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • how awful v*ing feels

29 61.70%
  • the lack of control

11 23.40%
  • the embarassment

5 10.64%
  • only others v*ing scares me

2 4.26%

Question What Part Of V*ing Scares You The Most?

For me it was always a mix of all of them, of course. I think the genral awful feeling was my most dreaded part, though.

Default Re: What Part Of V*ing Scares You The Most?

Me too :/ also the thought of v*ing in school really scares me, I'd much rather do it at home if I have to do it at all.

The lack of control and embarrassment is part of it but I think even non emets dislike that side of it too but for me it's the actual vomtiting experience that freaks me out the most.

I mean definitely the mix of them all, but also the idea of cleaning it stresses me out immeasurably. I find myself calming down as soon as I go into a bathroom and don't have to worry about that.

I feel like I can't even put into words what scares me. I would say that my biggest fear is others vomiting around me. I don't know if I can say its anything specific other than that. I know that over the years I have been able to at least talk myself down when I know the person is throwing up because of alcohol or car sickness and not because of something contagious. When I worry that I am going to get sick I go into nesting mode. I lock myself in the bathroom and stay there. I close my eyes and I clean over and over. Once at I am at that point I usually go numb and shut off my brain. I have never had to clean up vomit....and I am not so sure I could. :|

Lack of control with myself and the others. Embarrassment for not being empathic. Horror for knowing my family might leave the thing there for weeks, months or even years... like my dog's still in that corner of the car.

I remember that meme... "where will you be when d* strikes". Pretty much I know what I'll be doing when that happens... and I'd hate that happening in public. Talk about lack of control, top and bottom.

i would have to say the sound when other people barfing, it would trigger sympathy vomiting but only with nausea. i also hate how forceful it is. i think the fact that it rarley happens to me makes me fear it

I've come to realize that for me, it's not even the v*ing itself - it's the buildup and nausea. I've only been ill once in the past few years, and before that, it had been thirteen years. But in the moment when it happens, you don't really have time to think of how awful it feels. At least, that was my case. I let it happen, sat in shock because I did it and made it through, and did it again and then felt way better.

I would say the lack of control probably plays into it, too. Not knowing when or where it could happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

The feeling of it is probably the worst. There's things we can can't control that we don't fear as much. But I suppose everyone is different!

El miedo a morir si lo hago

Knowing that i'm going to barf/the build up