Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's the fastest you ever went from feeling fine to vomiting?

Of the times you've thrown up from actual sickness (sv, fp, etc., NOT COUNTING alcohol, morning sickness, motion sickness, etc.), what's the shortest interval you had between feeling fine and vomiting? Did it come on in 30 minutes? An hour? Three hours?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: What's the fastest you ever went from feeling fine to vomiting?

From being old enough to remember exact details.. once when I definitely had noro I got nauseous and vomited less than an hour after. And two or so years ago I woke up out of a sound sleep nauseous and vomited about again less than an hour after that. Other times were much longer and drawn out.

Four hours of iffy but no actual nausea. Just felt weird and blah, kinda tired. It was less than 2 minutes from realizing that I was sick to tossing cookies scratch that Taco Hell. I was smoking and walked quickly from outside to the mba. Made it fine, but it was rather quick. Luckily I had just got home from the gas station. Had it from both ends that night. Do not think it was the food since son had some illness the day before. D... and V...for 3 hours or so. Tired next day maybe from v... d.... or being an emet that did not recover quickly from the experience.

Had time to get to the bathroom. Was not instantaneous. Did not try to really hold it back. Only mild anxiety when I v... It is my least favorite thing to do on the planet though.

I have felt tired, weird, and blah before and it turned out to be nothing.

Hey will this become of some FAQ????? Why do you do the FAQ by the way?

For me it was about 4 hours.

I think I'm strange because ill get very n* and dry heave for up to 3 hours before anything comes up. This has happen everytime I have gotten noro.

The reason I have this phobia is because the last time I v* it was out of the blue and I had no prior n* or anything.

Hours of fighting it for me. Every time I've had a true virus I spend at least 3-4 hours in pure misery before it happens.

Less than ten minutes - salmonella.

I was sick about 7 years ago after going out at night. I think the ice was tainted (I only had soda) or I had a sv. I had stomach upset and d a few times (water) and then n hit and I dry heaved 3 or 4 times with a little v. Once the n hit, I was on my knees within maybe 5 minutes.

With fp, probably less than an hour.

In May, if I'm not mistaken it was less than 30 minutes of nausea and not more than two hours of, well, feeling like crap. I was feeling so bad that day that I don't even remember what time was that. I just remember that I had no idea what was happening because I had forgotten how it felt like.

GRAPHIC!

I was in the car, and so scared I asked my mum to hold my hand, the same way I always did when I was afraid of v* when I was a child. She realized what has happening and asked me if I felt sick. I just said "I... I think so." The car stopped and I went out. Ten seconds later, it happened, two awful waves. I was never so white in my life (people are always complaining about my lack of tan). I was so shocked I couldn't even cry. We went home and I locked myself in the bathroom. I stayed there for over one hour and nothing happened, so I went back to my bathroom with a bucket. My father was with me, doing french homework. I even remember what the homework was about, numbers. It happened again. That was the last time, but I felt like crap for one week. Had d* for one or two days, but only a little. I still don't know if it was noro. My father had it before me but he didn't v*.

END OF GRAPHIC!

I wonder why you are asking us this. FAQ? Curiosity?
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Like 30 seconds? I woke up during the night to pee and in the process IT just happened out of nowhere.

around 30 mins to an hour both times: feeling ok - feeling odd - stomach a bit weird - sudden explosive waterfall d* - kneel infront of toilet - v* within a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by pretendworld_ View Post
    Like 30 seconds?
    This. When I last had the SV* I was absolutely fine one minute, then I started to feel real nauseous and had an awful stomach ache out of nowhere and literally 30 seconds - one minute later I had to v*.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

You oner are confusing. You will not let yourself v.. again on this thread, but you would v.. to get out of detention on another thread??????????

Quote Originally Posted by lilwng View Post
    Hours of fighting it for me. Every time I've had a true virus I spend at least 3-4 hours in pure misery before it happens.
    Same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneriwien View Post
    It's automatic v* i am scared of because of the lack of control.
    Have you ever done this though? The automatic v?

When I was 8 I felt ill at around 2:30 and by 4:30 up until 9:30 I had v*ed about 8 times, it was an awful night.

Haven't done it in 19 years. Although I feel shit at least 5 days a week and don't sleep well as think it's going to! Winter is def worst. Summer I relax a bit. Had anybody fought it that the brain gave up trying? And you got through noro without *v?. If so how. Cheers

Excellent work Alex!!!! 19 years and counting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerboho View Post
    Less than ten minutes - salmonella.
    What did you eat??

A minute or so, woke up and it just happened. Think I got poisoned from sucking on an icecle (many years ago!)

when I had noro a couple years ago, I felt a little funny before bed at 10pm, just really full stomach, like that dazed feeling you get from too many carbs, because I had shoveled in Chinese food at 6:30 and was so full, but I woke up at 1am with a growling stomach, and gurgling in my throat as I inhaled. I ran downstairs to get my Mom and probably 5 minutes or less after I woke up I was crying on the bathroom floor with barf on my shirt.
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend

very fast, i was asleep, woke up and puked all over my bed.
    to this day i still don't know why. i'm assuming it was a virus but idk
    I had a headache before it happened but i thought nothing of it.. i get headaches all the time so.
    Wasn't even the slightest bit n and my stomach didn't even hurt. it just happened out of the blue!
    i woke up and i was like "WTF JUST HAPPENED"
    Last edited by Hannah A.; 10-19-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Both times in recent years I had a stomachache several hours before the actual nausea and vomiting started. So, yes, I had a little warning.

I woke up in middle of the night, I was 15. My stomach felt strange so I drank some 7up, but I felt worse, and I was stopped in my tracks, and v* twice all over the floor, and I felt fine afterwards. All happened within 2 minutes. I woke up again at 4 am to v* and at 6 am to v* My mom gave me a bucket at around 8 am and i still felt like there was some v* left to come out, but it never did. I stayed home from school that day, and I felt like I had a horrible flu the rest of the day. I got up once and I felt sooooooo weak... I felt hungry but I was afraid to eat, but I had maybe 2 crackers that whole day. Worst.Day.Ever

The last time it happened, I awoke and felt sick for about... 20 minutes.

Before that, it was about 8 minutes.

There have been other times that I've reached the dead-zone in mere seconds however.

A few hours.

OMG, just reading this thread is making me feel ill. Last time I v, I was 12, and if I recall correctly it was roughly a half hour between waking up in the middle of the night feeling queasy, getting worse, and then the worst thing happening. However, I did get noro about three years ago (at least I'm assuming that's what it was) and I had two full days of absolute misery, panic attacks, the worst d* ever, terrible n*, and even retched once. But I stopped myself from v* somehow. I just could not do it. My husband was admonishing me saying "just let yourself do it... you'll feel better!" But it didn't happen and I was quite proud of myself. Not sure how I was able to prevent it. Even though I felt like hell and was in the bathroom, the mechanics of it actually happening just seemed so far fetched in my mind, that my brain and body was just able to shut it down or something.

The fastest was when my gallbladder started acting up (before we found out what was wrong - I had been vomiting for three freaking months ;-; ) I woke up in the middle of the night and was walking to the living room when I felt it was going to happen. 99% of the time though, I can have panic and severe nausea for anywhere from 3 to 24 hours before anything happens, but I KNOW it's going to happen that whole time. I was actually fine after the quick incident though, there was no time to worry about how bad I felt before it was even over! I wish that would be the way it went normally....
    "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."