Yeah, I find exposure to vomit makes my emetophobia worse. maybe that is because it's not done in a controlled way, it is usually someone in my house being sick or someone near me saying the feel sick or whatever but emetophobia is different to say a phobia of spiders where looking at pictures gradually desnsitises you to them, until you can move on to holding a plastic one then a real one for example. It is a lack of control and anxiety based phobia that most therapists just don't seem to get so they focus solely on the vomiting when in reality I think it's more helpful to work on the underlying issues. I know personally that my emetophobia is pretty much dormant for long stretches of time (although I'm always super vigilant with handwashing etc) but when i get stressed/upset generally then the emetophobia creeps back again. I'm not knocking exposure therapy but i;ve never been totally convinced it helps all that much, apart from maybe you won't get freaked out if you see vomiting on TV or in a film.