Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IES Closing

I received an email that this list may be closing. There are a few good emet groups on yahoo. One of them {the first one} exchanges aim and yahoo names in case people are having anxiety and emet problems. Just as a last resort in case we are left hanging here, below are the addresses to join. I don't want to take away from this group but if this can't get paid the yahoo groups are free. Kim

Send an email to...

<TABLE class=ygrp-links cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD>Subscribe:</TD>
    <TD>[email protected]</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

<TABLE class=ygrp-links cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD>Subscribe:</TD>
    <TD>[email protected]</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Why would it close?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

When did you get this email? I didn't get an email saying that, this would be awful if it were to close....
    &lt;a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

It's closing because the server is costing an extortionate amount of money, or so I've heard.

Any ideas as to how to raise funds?

Another board I'm on uses banner ads - every time they're clicked on,
    they generate money for the owners of the site. Or can we be
    moved to a cheaper server? There might be a way to encourage donations
    from members, rather than membership fees.

<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

Edited by: raindro&#112;

Yes the board will be closing unless John manages to raise £440 by Jan 20th, then the host of the website will shut it down properly. I'm trying to think right now of ways to keep it up and running and if anyone DOES want to donate anything contact John at [email protected] .

xxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

How much money is that in U.S. Dollars?

And if you want to donate, can just just click on the donations button? Will that still work?Edited by: babygap5
    &lt;a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I think it's about $775.00 USD.

How long does that keep the site up for? A year?

Quote Originally Posted by babygap5

How much money is that in U.S. Dollars?

I'm wondering the same thing??

£440 = $______ ?? American dollars
    ~*~Charlene~*~

It is 775.00 us dollars. Maybe John should contact the anonymous doner celebrity who helped out this site a couple of years ago.
    &lt;a href=\"

Violet has set up an emergency forum:

http://beauty.forumup.co.uk/login.php?mforum=beauty

Obviously this is not a long term solution but if it takes a while to raise the money then at least there's somewhere you can go in times of need.

I would pay a yearly fee to be part of this site.

I will give what I can, and will do so on a regular basis. Just waiting to hear back from John about how to get it to him. He mentioned donating a small amount monthly, and I think that would be doable. I know it is more than worth it to most of us that visit regularly.

--Kim

I do hope that this site remains open and free.

Not because I'm not willing to pay for it but because I can't afford it.

Hopefully someone who is not a poor college student like me will be able to assist the site because it helps so many people.

Best of luck!

Hi!

I am wondering: why doesn't john use sponsors? I have a Dutch emetophobia site and it is sponsored by the Dutch and Belgium leading phobia organisations.
    Margaret

*Even a thousand-miles journey starts with a first step*

How about we try and raise some funds where ever we are....

Like a car boot sale,coffe thing...just enough to raise even if it is £10 or £20 everything would help.

Plus it would help to raise awareness about our phobia.

anyone think this could work?

xVx

I dont know what I would do without this site. I would donate something yearly to keep it up and running. There is another website I visit that does depend on donations to keep running. When you have a lot of members, it doesnt take much if everyone pitches in. (www.hystersisters.com ........ this is the website I am talking about.) I have also thought that it might would be an idea to have people have to pay some type of fee to become a member. In other words, you can have some type of access to this site, but after at some point to post, ect ...... you would have to pay some type of fee to do so.

IF this site does in fact close down, we all need to brainstorm before then as to what we are going to do.

I can't afford it either, thats a lot of money to get up and I wouldnt send anything until you were sure the full amount was going to be paid. There are so many other hosting companies out there that are WAY less than this. OCCHosting.com is a great place to put up a website and VERY reasonable, like $6.95 a month. Yahoo groups are free. There's never any down time This is a great forum but its going to be so sad if this cant stay up. At least we have backup groups to join. Good luck to whomever owns this group, I wish I cold help but if you live in the U.S. you can't afford anything extra today. Everything is going up. Kim

Ok Im gona say it again, People Garage Sales gettting rid of the stuff we dont need old gifts and then raise a lil bit of cash for this site.

Maybe people who are near to each other can meet up in 2's or 3's do it together also a great chance to meet friends for this phobia.

xVx

I will donate what I can too!!! DO we pay pal it??

where do we go to donate money or what do we do

Hi Everyone,

I received this email too; we can't let this site close! If I had to, I would pay an annual membership fee to keep this wonderful site up and running. I am prepared to donate money in the meantime, and as Hippychick said, you can email John direct to find out what to do. I also wondered about sponsors, this would bethe best way to go, however, in the meantime we need to raise money because time is running out. In Australian dollars, John needs $1,030 which means 50 people would need to donate $20AUD or $15USD; if we had 20 people willing to donate we would need $52AUD per person or $38USD (roughly). If we could round up all those willing to donate something we could quickly figure out how much money we all would need to donate per person and then John could hopefully make up the balance? Of course, not everyone is able to donate money, and that's fine, but let's find out who can!

Cheers guys,

Daniela

I tried to access the make a donation through Paypal link and it said the user was unable to accept Paypal payments.......????

I'm confused. What's going on??? This is giving me anxiety.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Oh boy....what is going on?? How can we make this work? I don't want to lose this group!!

Crystal

That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I responded to John's email. There seem to be a few fractured threads about this, and time constraints dictate that I can't read and post in all of them, so I'll post in this one. I can donate $30 US, wish it was more, but that's what I can spare right now. I let John know this. Maybe enough of us can donate small amounts like this and it will work out.

I do not have a PayPal account, but would set one up for the express purpose of keeping this website going.

I would also pay a member fee in the future to ensure upkeep of the server.

Please, if some information becomes available in another thread, can you please re-post the information on this thread as well?

I will happily give out my email to any fellow emetophobe who wants or needs it, just PM me.

Regards everyone,

Rebecca
    Take small account of might, wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds.

I posted something like this elsewhere. Sorry for the repeat, but wanted you all to know this has happened before and enough donations came in to save the site. There was one large donation and then some smaller ones.

I do not post often, but I come to the site alot. I am probably the oldest one who comes here. I am 56.
    Anyway, I realize how valuable this site is for people. If I had had a place like this to come to when I was a young mother, it would have made such a difference. I won't go in to the agony of suffering alone since you all know about that. I have seen how you all support each other during difficult times.
    For this reason, I have donated in the past and I would very gladly do it now. I will e-mail Jon and see how things are going and how much he needs. I live in the US and I think last time I went to the Donations button. If that is not working, Jon will let us know how to do it.
    Keep your chins up!

Debbie

This is so sad!! I hope the site can be saved!!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

What about
    advertizing? What I mean is having some advertizements on top of the
    forum (like when you go to yahoo, you see some advertizements), this
    may help with pay.

Isn't this more than just a one-time problem? I mean donating for this
    month will get through this time, but it has to be constantly paid for
    somehow, so this problem will keep occuring unless a more permanent
    solution is found. I suggest the advertising, its the only way I can
    see without having a membership fee.

</font></span>
    Edited by: Galadriel

Well, to be honest, I don't like what is going on at all. I think it is very inconsiderate of John to send an email to all these (mainly young) girls to threaten they lose the site if they don't pay. I read some are getting anxiety. Thanks John for that.

A year ago John asked money to buy his own server. I think some send him the money. So why does he need money to pay a webhoster again?

Of course I understand that he doesn't want to pay for this site all alone, as I said I have a site like too, but there are hundreds of other sollutions, for example fund raising, placing banners, placing google adds, asking money for parts of the site etc

I am not going to give some guy I don't know money, not knowing how long this sitewill beup. I am sure this plea for money will come every year.

So if I was John I would search of other ways to get money. And if he does not I would agree with all the people here to go to another site. For example an MSN-community.

Sorry John, but that's my opinion.

Margaret

*Even a thousand-miles journey starts with a first step*