Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Throwing up and cold symptoms

So, my mom was throwing up Tueseday, and now she has a cold. Is it possible it is the same virus or just a coincidence. Did she even have a stomach virus since she was able to run an errand with my stepdad. If she had the stomach virus, would she have been unable to go anywhere.

Default Re: Throwing up and cold symptoms

It is probably different. Sometimes people with respiratory flu (influenza) start vomiting days after they've been having respiratory symptoms. It is pretty tough to mix up influenza with a cold. Your mom might have had a stomach virus. I have known people with even norovirus to go on with their days as best they can. In fact, that is how norovirus usually spreads.

If your mom was vomiting on Tuesday, then even if she had norovirus, she would no longer be contagious.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Throwing up and cold symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    It is probably different. Sometimes people with respiratory flu (influenza) start vomiting days after they've been having respiratory symptoms. It is pretty tough to mix up influenza with a cold. Your mom might have had a stomach virus. I have known people with even norovirus to go on with their days as best they can. In fact, that is how norovirus usually spreads.

If your mom was vomiting on Tuesday, then even if she had norovirus, she would no longer be contagious.
    Okay, it's just I think I am starting to catch her cold, so I was hoping their is no stomach virus that has the symptoms of a common cold.