Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Old beets - food poisoning?

I'm starting to panic. I made a salad for myself last night to bring to work today. I bought canned beets (regular, not pickled, and sliced) and was storing them in a container in my fridge. I bought them about a week ago--let's say last Sunday, so they are now a week old. I thought briefly about their age but decided to put them in my salad anyway--they looked and smelled fine. I ate the salad today--they tasted fine. But of course right after I ate them, I stupidly decided to google how soon after opening a can of beets should you eat them--the answer: 2-3 days. I KNEW I shouldn't have searched it. But after seeing that, the panic as been in the back of my mind all day. And now I'm feeling CRAMPS which is of course making me so so nervous. Could I have food poisoning? I am on my period (to account for the cramps) but it's like the very final day of my period and I usually don't get cramps at the end. I am very concerned. Someone please give me some good news/tell me they've eaten old beets and survived.

Default Re: Old beets - food poisoning?

Don't worry about it. You won't catch any thing from beets in your refrigerator.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.