Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am i lucky or severely strong stomached?

Ok now i don't wanna sound proud or arrogant, damn, if i could count how many times I've felt n* due to many things over the past year I'd lose count completely.. either my stomach or my mind are uber sensitive to the whole idea of n* but quite amazingly.. V* is a distant memory...
    It's gonna be my 15 year anniversary in June I believe...

So!
    My question is this...
    Have i avoided V*ing with severe extremes (featuring breathing in freezing cold air that time i had swine flu and wretched , and eating five chewing gums to avoid the waves when i had a fever last month..) or have i honestly not picked up one V* worthy germ in over a decade?

I have definitely had a few bugs , especially in college when i was 16-19 but I'm wondering how I've gotten away with just d*? Sorry but I've only become cautious over the past year with hygeine and even now and then in an office with over 200 people i have been lax and sometimes not used my noro effective gel.

My last real severe attack of n* where i was convinced (except for that stupid fever in Jan) was during my shrimp meal at a restaurant in 2015. I knew it was the food cos it hit me mid meal... I got hot and sweaty and my ex had to run me a bath and i sat there listening to music and breathing in herbal bath lotion for hours until it eased six hours after. But it was as if nothing happened the next day so I'm assuming it wasn't a bug? The same has happened in 2014 after I ate a bad chicken wrap and felt horrifically n*.. ordeal lasted 6 hours and it vanished...

These memories scare me cos they occurred every spring but all of them went away 6-7 hours after. Were they bugs?

If i HAVE somehow avoided noro then i might treat myself to a bottle of wine in June cos i have honestly met so many people who have had it... My uni house went down with it in 2015 but i escaped it..
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: Am i lucky or severely strong stomached?

I think strong will comes into it, as well as luck and the extra care you take. I would remember too though that many non-emetophobes may have experienced bouts of nausea like you but not worried about v*, so not count them as 'near misses'.