Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

So, long story short I got a second grade concussion after getting knocked out riding a rail on my snowboard 2 days ago.

I've been taking gravol pretty much every 8 hours, but they're not
    helping much (i acutally wouldn't know that because my nausea could be
    alot worse than it acutally is). But I feel so sick, like I don't think
    i've felt this sick since last time i acutally v*, and that was a long
    time ago. Obviously v* is my biggest fear right now. Has anyone else
    had post-concussive syndrome? (I went to the doctor today and she said
    i have post-concussive syndrome, it's not a flu). I'm able to eat light
    meals, but i'm really weak all the time, and i just feel terrible ..

(i always forget to check the email notification button! :P)

Liz- had it last year when I passed out and hit my head against the bathtub (and nearly drowned in the process.....another long story). It really REALLY sucks- and unfortunately there is no remedy other than relaxing and waiting for it to right itself.

The thing with gravol is that it can make you drowsy and lethargic...which is probably part of why you are feeling weak. Stick to light meals, and a lot of rest. Have you tried ginger pills? I find that it gets rid of some of the icky stomach nausea, although unfortunately you will be stuck with the dizzy nausea for another day or two

Head injuries are the worst- can put your body completely off kilter for awhile. I hope you feel better soon! Use this as an excuse to get your mom to cook/buy all your comfort foods

XXXXXXXXXXX

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey lizzo are u anywhere around canada?

Aww, amber!! (P.s, are you on msn?)

Did you acutally get sick (i mean v*) from your pcs? I feel like i'm going to

I've been resting, I have an entire week off, I can get caught up in school and stuff. My mom bought me some double stuffed oreos and I went through them within 2 days!! Haha :P maybe that's why i'm feeling so icky ..

Thanks am, you always make me feel better!!

Yes, Whistler B.C to be exact!

Knowing you can consume your Oreos is a good sign!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Liz- at the boyfriends, so I figure it would be rude to sign him off MSN when its not my computer

Hey, if you can eat oreos that is definitely a good sign. When you feel icky, in my opinion it doesnt matter WHAT you eat, as long as you can eat something. I pretty much live on Smoothies when I get that way.

After I got my concussion- I'll be honest, I came very close to vomitting a few times, but all that happened was a few dry heaves. When I felt really nauseous I would open a window, or sip on something cool....usually that settled things down a bit.

Once again- hope you feel better soon!

*amber*

Ohh thanks amber.

Wasn't your boyfriend not feeling well lately ... ? Or do I have the wrong person .. haha

I hope you've been getting some sleep!!! :P

Well, at least I don't have the flu, and I'll get through this You always make me feel better!! You're a big source of support for me, even though it's just chatting on the internet.

Yep- my boyfriend was sick with this horrible sinus infection and chest cold....which not only made him nauseous (and me nervous), but turned him into a whiney 5 year old He's lucky I love him! haha

And Im glad I can be of some help I know how it feels to be freaking out over something, and not have anyone around who knows what you're dealing with. And I enjoy talking with you- you're a really sweet girl.

You definitely will get through this- just be more careful the next time you hit the slopes (this- coming from the girl who ran into the orange plastic fence and had to have ski patrol come and rescue me. NOT the highlight of my life!).

*yawn*...speaking of sleep- going to get some now! This will actually be the first time in a week or so that I will be going to bed at a decent time *shocking, I know*

*Amber*

Hey girls...was just wondering if you wanted to catch up on msn with me too. I'de love to add you guys!!!

[email protected]

Crystal [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Aww! Poor guy! At least he's better now, and you didn't get it!

It's really nice to have this support system, and i'm really happy
    we've been corresponding because you've definetley made a difference in
    the way I look at vomit.

You ran into the the orange net? Ohhh mann. I saw somebody just smoke
    their head on that a few years back when they went out of control. Yeah
    I'm definetley going to be careful next time I go out.

Anyways, you get some sleep! No more staying up all night and getting sick the next morning!! Hopefully I'll talk to you soon

Crystal i'll definetley add you too!

Sure thing Crystal! When I'm online tomorrow I shall add you. Or you can add me: [email protected]

Im on MSN a ridiculous amount due to the fact that I am practically tethered to my computer while working on my thesis. Always good to have people to chat with

Ok, now Im really going to bed....got sucked into watching a StarTV special on childstars: where they are now. So much for going to bed early!

*Amber*

Liz- did I EVER run into that orange fence. And the worst part is that I lost one of my skiis (the bindings werent set correctly) before it happened, so cute ski patrol guy had to actually drive up about 10 meters to pick that up too! Thank god the only thing I hurt was my pride

ANd I'll try not to pull so many allnighters....stupid school!

Talk to you soon

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

I added a couple of you too, if you don't mind

Goodnight amber!!

(No worries, it's good to have emets on my msn, i have a pretty strong support system now, it's great )

oh jeeze, my email is [email protected]

for those who want to add me