Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Post Nasal Drip = Gagging?

I'm at the trail-end of my Cold that lasted roughly 6 days, and my congestion seems to have cleared, however, I'm suffering from some post nasal drip which is giving me a gagging feeling. Is there any way I can control this? I'm pretty sure gagging overrides Ondansetron (zofran), so I'm out of luck there lol. I'm eating something slow as to, give me a reason to swallow without gagging lol

Default Re: Post Nasal Drip = Gagging?

Best thing to help us water. Lots and lots of water! I have post nasal drip almost 24/7 (same with my daughter) we drink tons of water (lemon if you have it) and blow tons. It's irritating but it can't drip if you are getting it out through blowing!

Default Re: Post Nasal Drip = Gagging?

I’m struggling so much with this. I had to pull
    Over twice on the way to work because swallowing with that feeling of a lump in the throat caused terrible panic attack and I gagged. I’m so tired of it, I just cry. If anyone has any other ideas, I am desperate!!! I use a saline spray.. wondering if I should try Flonase!