Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need Help....Struggling.

I feel like I am in my own personal hell right now. My daughter has been having D all day and I am home with her all day while my wife is at work. I'm scared that she is going to v and I will be here and have to deal with it and then get S myself. Now she says her tummy hurts and I'm trying to be there for her, but it's hard. I feel so selfish and feel like a bad parent. My wife will be home in the next 2-3 hours but it feels like forever.

Default Re: Need Help....Struggling.

I know how you feel...it's the scariest thing when your child is sick and you are alone with him or her. Is your wife understanding of your fear? I used to have my hubby stay home or work from home. Have her help you when she gets home. Make sure you are cleaning everything. Don't feel like a bad parent. We love our children, it's just this awful fear that keeps us from being our "true selves." Hang in there!!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

How did it go for you? I hope your daughter is feeling better!!

She was fine over the weekend. Then Monday she woke up with really bad D. We kept her home and I was fine. She was pretty normal all day. No more D, she was in a great mood all day. Yesterday she had three looser than normal BMs but they were fine for the most part. Today, she all of a sudden had to go and again looser than normal. I'm wiping her and she starts crying saying she has to go more. She gets back on and it's even looser. Now she's saying her tummy hurts. This just feels like a roller coaster of emotions. The worst part is she has anxiety too and she feeds off me. It's a lot of pressure. My wife works a ton and can't be home for 3 hours. Again it feels like a personal hell. Ugh!

Awww, can you try to give her some binding foods? Maybe bananas, rice, noodles, etc. She doesn't seem to be sick the other way...maybe it's just d*. Just keep cleaning her and her surroundings, and your hands of course. Oh, and probiotics are very good too, even for little ones. Hang in there!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Yeah, we used to give her probiotics, perhaps we need to do it again.

She's a special needs kid, which makes it hard too. She was diagnosed with autism at 2, but has made so much progress through therapy since that she would probably be classified more as high functioning or Aspergers. She definitely has sensory needs and anxiety. I know that kids on the spectrum tend to have GI issues, but for some reason I just can't wrap my head around it that it's that. I'm settled down now, but my first instinct is always that she is gonna be sick and then so will I.

I really should feel lucky that she hasn't had more problems in the past. She has had GI issues in the past but they were always constipation.

Just frustrated.