Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sibling constantly pushing my boundaries

My eldest sibling (who is manipulative and emotionally abusive in many ways but I don't want to get into it) constantly comes to me when anxious saying they feel like they might v* or are worried they have an SV or FP from food we both ate. Then they usually say "I'm not even emetophobic lol I just have anxiety" and it stresses me out enormously because I AM emetophobic and have stated numerous times that i don't want to hear it or be forced to have an anxiety attack but they keep. doing it. What do I do to cope with this? I don't think I have any power to stop it.

Default Re: Sibling constantly pushing my boundaries

Wow. I cannot believe your family members are treating you this way. My family doesn't know about my fear because I'm afraid of how they'll respond. How old are your siblings? Have you ever tried to sit down with them and have a serious talk? Explain that this isn't a joke and it's really something that you're struggling with?

Trust me, I have the same issue. My sibling talks about it all the time and does not even consider what it is doing to me. I've had way too many anxiety attacks because of it.
    I'm honestly in the same boat, I have no idea how to handle it. My therapist recommended bringing her in with me next time so we can figure things out and clarify what it does to me. I hope it gets better for you though! It is not fun to live through at all

I am assuming you are underage since you are living with your sibling. In which case, have you discussed the situation with your parents? I never had the issue with my siblings, but they were both younger, one nearly 8 years my junior, so it wasn't much of an issue. However, if it had been, I know my parents would have tried to help remedy the best they could to handle the situation. Most parents, despite teens thinking they don't, really do care and really do want to help in whatever way they can.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream