Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does having a fever mean I'm sick or going to v*

I was pretty ill last night. I posted earlier about being scared that I have the sv*. I got home from a friend's house and was absolutely miserable for 4 hours until I finally fell asleep. I woke up today feeling okay, but now I have a fever and chills and I feel like I'm doomed.

Default Re: Does having a fever mean I'm sick or going to v*

That sounds more like a cold or the respiratory flu. Keep an eye on your temperature. Last time I was close to vomiting, I was 102.1.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It definitely does not mean you will v*. Ive had a temperature of 103+ before and did not v*. You definitely won't feel great, but you won't be s*. Sounds like influenza. Take some tylenol and stay hydrated, you'll get thru it, i promise!

No not at all. Think you've got some bug like a bad cold or similar. Take some medicine, drink plenty of fluids and get rest. Watch your temp and if it goes over 104 see a doctor. If it hits 105 or higher go to the emergency room asap. But most likely wouldn't worry. Rest, fluids, meds to ease any issues and fever. If you think it may be influenza see a doctor for tamiflu to shorten your illness. The actual flu is no joke. While not likely to kill you it can easily lead to pneumonia so be aware.
    Having said that I hope you feel better soon. Being ill with anything is never fun.

it rarely happens but it nearly made me v last month so keep an eye...fanning myself stopped me from gagging
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Just had what you are going through, never v* at all. You are going to be fine!