Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default my heart is racing right now

i just started getting super bad anxiety. my heart is racing like no other and I'm trying to not let it lead to a panic attack. I drank some coffee and i think the caffeine was a little too much for me..i really have to stop drinking it. but this girl is here at my place and we're supposed to go out which is giving me even more anxiety because i don't want to ruin the night from me being anxious. this is like relentless loop of anxiety and i cannot break it

Default Re: my heart is racing right now

How'd it end up going? I have the same thing happen to me a lot when I try to make plans and I know it sucks. I usually just try to gauge if I can push myself enough to get past it and go out or if it will probably cause more harm than is necessary. I don't know if that helps at all. I'm here if you need anything I really do know what you're going through and it sucks having to deal with this when you should be having fun getting ready to go out.

Hopefully you pushed through and had an awesome time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghan1127 View Post
    How'd it end up going? I have the same thing happen to me a lot when I try to make plans and I know it sucks. I usually just try to gauge if I can push myself enough to get past it and go out or if it will probably cause more harm than is necessary. I don't know if that helps at all. I'm here if you need anything I really do know what you're going through and it sucks having to deal with this when you should be having fun getting ready to go out.
    It ended up going alright. I did end up having a panic attack at the place we had dinner at but it was somewhat bearable. I don't know why I'm getting so anxious lately but it keeps interrupting times i should be sharing with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliaolive View Post
    Hopefully you pushed through and had an awesome time.
    I did push thru and we had a good time, other than me having a panic attack in the bathroom for a few minutes lol