Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sv* memories - do you remember the d*?

I know this sounds disgusting and triggering but it won't be... I was walking through town the other day remembering my last sv*, (at least the last one where I V*d) which was 2002 and was mystified to why i remember the night so clearly but when it came to d* i have absolutely no recollection... Most sv* come with both symptoms right? So it's full proof that d* isn't at all a phobia as i cant remember one single incident of it from my childhood bugs and yet, if i feel like I'm gonna have it these days i get very panicky to the point where I'll make myself feel n* from fear...Anybody else wiped out all d* memories?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: Sv* memories - do you remember the d*?

I don’t think that stomach viruses necessarily have to have d* as a symptom, though they usually go hand in hand due to the nature of it. Most of mine have had both. A true norovirus is actually all in your intestines, and the v*ing that people get is just the body’s way of responding to the virus.

But you may be right; you may have been so focused on v* that you don't remember the d* at all. That's what I would guess!

Stomach viruses are much more likely to have diarrhea than vomiting. I don't mind diarrhea except by its association with vomiting. I have to be OK about diarrhea because I'm insistent about no vomiting. When faced with single diarrhea, I check my temperature. With a high temperature or multiple diarrhea, I medicate with Pepto-Bismol.

A few years ago I expelled every last bit through diarrhea, even what I'd eaten an hour earlier. But it didn't leave me with a feeling of dread because I didn't vomit. I'm lucky I was able to get rid of absolutely everything without needing to open my mouth.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I was a child I rarely had diarrhea. None of my stomach bugs had diarrhea associated with it. So you may not have had diarrhea at all. You can have either/or or both, but it's not a guarantee you will have both.

When I was a kid I had 1 sv* that was purely d*. Actually, I keep forgetting to count it as an SV LOL. It was just super annoying cause I couldn't get comfy and my butt hurt. Sorry TMI lol.

The one bad sv* I had, that my parents and siblings all also got (and all have both) I was 3, only had v* I think, and maybe, at best, a few rounds of d*. But really I just recall n* and v*.

In March 2015 I had 3 hours of constant d* and then v* 2 times back to back. Most unpleasant d* ever. Ever! Literally could not go 5 min outside the bathroom and was also panicking.

Must've ate something ick this November cause I had d* 8 times, for 8 hours...1x an hour on the hour. Never happened like that before but it wasn't sv* nor was it IBS. So I guess my stomach was just upset with what I ate. Eugh

I hate d*, not as much as v*....but I just, blugh. It freaks me the heck out. It's a huge reason why I refuse to see a gastro for any reason. I don't want to do colonoscopy preps.

I had a vomiting bug when I was around 9, but I don't think I had the runs, I had many, many sv where everyone who got it was vomiting, but I would be very sick to my stomach and had severe runs. Once was this crazy explosive runs that was horrible. So I actually remember my runs pretty vividly because I was so grateful it wasn't the other.

I totally remember all of the sv* I have had in my life time. I remember having d* with all of them only because I would have to go to the bathroom 15 times (no kidding) and pooping out water. I spent way more time pooping and maybe once or twice, v*.

I only remember the times I v. Like I kind of remember times that I had d but they are not near as clear in my head as the times I've v. Having d doesn't really bother me except that it makes me nervous that I'm coming down with something and that it might make me v. I think nausea is associated with d as well so I feel nauseous when m having diarrhea which bothers me but I don't have a phobia of d

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Stomach viruses are much more likely to have diarrhea than vomiting. I don't mind diarrhea except by its association with vomiting. I have to be OK about diarrhea because I'm insistent about no vomiting. When faced with single diarrhea, I check my temperature. With a high temperature or multiple diarrhea, I medicate with Pepto-Bismol.

A few years ago I expelled every last bit through diarrhea, even what I'd eaten an hour earlier. But it didn't leave me with a feeling of dread because I didn't vomit. I'm lucky I was able to get rid of absolutely everything without needing to open my mouth.

Doug
    I know this post is old and I don't mean to go OT/hijack the thread, but I just have a few questions about Pepto-Bismol. From what I've read about it, it's a real life saver, and much more effective than anything sold here in Norway. (Or so those who have been to the States say.) I struggle with my stomach a lot, so I just have to try it. Anyway, do you just follow the directions on the bottle when you take Pepto, or do you have your own way to do it, sort of? And do you know what the "original flavor" tastes like? Gonna buy some from Amazon, but don't know if I should pick cherry flavor or original flavor, as I don't know what "original" is, lol.

Sorry.

Hi yes you follow the directions on the bottle, basically just fill up the little cup that comes with it. As for the flavor I've had both and neither taste is that great but it's not disgusting either. Either one is fine. It's definitely manageable to get down. The original flavor kinda tastes like bubble gum. They also make pepto bismal in the form of tablets that you suck/chew, kinda like tums. I personally haven't tried this version but if you would rather prefer that to liquid you can try that.

My svs ALWAYS have d with them. Actually, I usually have d and no v'ing. I don't fear d at all. But, I also have a bit of a sensitive intestine, I think. I have d several times a week due to something I ate.