Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Probably a bug - but it's all good!

Hi guys,

I have what is likely a bug. Basically, yesterday I was feeling pretty off (I've been off for weeks, that's a whole other story - but this was different) but shook it off. This morning, I woke up horrendously N around 7AM, had a bm (loose, but not quite d yet), then had some ginger and went back to sleep but tossed and turned.

Had no appetite today, but still made myself eat avocado toast at breakfast. I had a coffee too, with dairy-free milk. Yes, I know coffee can cause d, but trust me... this time was different. Basically, I've been to the bathroom over a dozen times now - I was already needing to go before the coffee. N, some cramps, no appetite. No v'ing though, and this is exactly the same way my last two bugs went. Because before we only had two bathrooms and my bathroom was the main bathroom, my family caught it from me both times. But they should be safe this time since we don't share food/drinks, and we each have our own bathrooms in our new house.

Just want to remind you all that a bug, while uncomfortable regardless, does not mean you're doomed to v. I've taken one anti-emetic today, because I had to take a ferry to come home from visiting my hometown. I was upstairs outside, I'm so overly-cautious about infecting people. I haven't gone to any desperate measures to avoid it - the way I see it, if it needs to happen, it will. I called the nurses hotline because I've had D so many times, who said it's likely the SV. Otherwise, one anti-emetic for the boat ride hours ago. She said that it's super unlikely that I would v at this point, because I've had so many bouts of D already. She said as long as I don't eat or do anything to upset or bother my stomach, that I shouldn't be worried about v.

It sucks whether you v or not. It's no fun to be best buds with your toilet, regardless of which end is getting close and comfortable. But for me, I've been occupying my mind with Netflix and making myself comfortable. It was a beautiful day in Vancouver today, so being outside on the top deck of the ferry was an awesome distraction.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I think the worst of it is over. Before, I would get off the toilet and literally be back three minutes later. Now it's less frequent but same outcome. I'm dead tired. But cozy in bed, happy not to have to get up as much. Going to stay off school for the next 48 hours at the least, even though I'm not v'ing, finals are approaching and NOBODY needs to deal with this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Probably a bug - but it's all good!

Feeling pretty crummy again, but also my fault - I tried some Arrowroot cookies and I think that was too soon. Took an anti-emetic as it's bed time anyway, so hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Hope you're feeling better hun...sounds like it's only diarrhea and you should be okay. Just take it slow when eating again...keep up your fluids. You still lose a lot with d* too. Hang in!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

I love your attitude! It's such a good way of looking at it and I love the fact that you found joy today amidst feeling bad! Good for you!

Good for you! Great outlook! Any idea how you got it?