Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default anxious & need some advice

hi! I am new, but I have had emetophobia for as long as I can remember. I always struggle with anxiety regarding v* and sv*, and I am having a particularly hard time today. I went out to dinner with a friend who had been feeling bloated all day. also, her child is dealing with a sv*. at dinner, I tasted her drink from a separate part of the glass. also, I work with her and so we had been touching the same stuff all day. it's been several hours, but she just told me that she v* once after she got home. I am not sure if she even has a sv* or was just not feeling well. at first, I was not extremely concerned, but then she said, "hopefully you don't catch it!" this triggered me into feeling anxious. i have read that a sv* before symptoms is not contagious through saliva (since I shared her drink), but I am still concerned. if anyone has any tips/advice, then I would greatly appreciate it!

thank you!

Default Re: anxious & need some advice

From what I've read above you really shouldn't worry - the chances of you V*ing are very low.

I envy the fact that you can go out for dinner, I'm trying to work towards that stage!

Most people aren't aware that stomach viruses aren't even transmitted through saliva unless they just v*d themselves or through casual contact. It's not like a cold. I know you probably know this, but I'm just reminding you just in case you have any anxiety regarding sharing her drinking glass.

Touching the same things she did won't effect you either. Second-hand exposure is practically non-existent. As for her feeling sick after having dinner, people with stomach viruses aren't even contagious until after they've began showing symptoms.

Try and relax, you'll be okay.

thank you, everyone, for your advice! your reassurances are very comforting