Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really scared and can't gather thoughts. please help

I've been dealing with very harsh constipation over the last 3 weeks to the point of impaction. I had a very minor bowel movement (not 3 weeks worth) but now my intestine are in an uproar and it's panicking me. I don't know what to do because I know a faecal impaction is technically a serious issue to be checked. There's a ton of movement and minor nausea. There is a weird panicky feeling in my intestine similar to diarrhea, but not exactly. I keep thinking to myself "what do I do what do I do". Nobody is home so I'm all alone and confused. I can't pass stool, so if it is Diarrhea, I'm afraid it'll cause reverse peristaltic movement resulting in faecal vomiting. I'm really afraid to move

Default Re: Really scared and can't gather thoughts. please help

What are you taking for it? I think if you have "movement" then you are probably not impacted. You should start now taking something. I usually start with hot apple juice or grape juice with miralax in it, I do it in the morning when I am desperate...I also take magnesium. It's great for constipation and most of us are deficient in it anyway. You could start with 200 mg of mag citrate (best absorbable kind) morning and evening. Keep drinking juices, water, etc. It may take a day or so but it should get things moving. I've struggled forever with this and finally found what helps me...hope you feel better!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

And by the way, anti-emetics and antacids can exacerbate constipation.

I ended up going to the ER because the pain was unreal. The CT Scan flush was the worst thing in the world though - I'll never do another one of those. I was hyperventilating for over 4 hours with momentary syncopes and constant numb hands/fet/lips. It certainly wasn't pleasent. The CT Scan contrast actually reduced my heart rate, letting my breathing come under control... letting me think clearyl in the pain.

So what did they find?

Geeze you poor thing! So are you ok now?

Oh goodness, that has to be awful! I panick when I don't go in 3 days! I can't imagine 3 weeks!!

On another note, I've had to do the CT cleanse before. And oh gosh it's awful! I wasn't even constipated when I had to do it though. I can't imagine how you were feeling! I remember being so empty that I was nauseas from it and my anxiety was in high gear. I wish you didn't have to go through everything. I hope you got some answers and you feel much better!

They had found that there was no impaction which really confused me, being that I had not had a fully BM in over 3 weeks. What is more confusing is... they found literally nothing in my intestine lol. Absolutely no faecal material. I guess my hesitance on eating because of the impaction caused an issue during an IBS-C flare. I ended up with diarrhea for the last 3 days though... and eating is still a bit encumbered. My stomach feels like it's digesting slow, and my intestine are still under pain unfortunately, just nowhere near as severe. I hope this flare ends soon though

And yes, the Contrast Dye for the CT Scan was so bad. I went from 4/10 nausea to me telling the CT Scan workers that I was going to vomit (I didn't). My body preparing to [vomit] however dropped my blood pressure, causing the spasms to slow down.