Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can not eating cause you to vomit?

I have a suspected faecal impaction, but I've not went to the ER yet (I'm going... on thursday). The issue is though, eating makes me feel quite uncomfortable thanks to the natural peristaltic movement (pains, cramping etc).

I've not eaten today and I had a strong bout of nausea just now that went away with a mix of liquid and an Ondansetron. Is that related to not eating?

Default Re: Can not eating cause you to vomit?

It definitely can, not eating can make you nauseous and even V*. Usually you don't V* though, you just experience nausea. I've not eaten for an entire day once and was only nauseous. Just make sure you are drinking water, and try to eat at least one piece of food and you will be fine. Remember, you can live for up to three weeks without eating (although not recommended at all) so you should be fine.

When my stomach is empty and I start thinking about food, my mouth salivates because of hunger and I instantly get n*. It happened the other day and I got so n* from hunger that I just about v*. I would have had I not taken a bit of a banana and a cracker.

Chronic constipation can also make you feel nauseous and overall unwell - you'll feel so much better once the impaction is taken care of.

Thank you for the responses - I appreciate it.

I had quite an uncomfortable night yesterday since I didn't eat anything till the end of the day. I attempted to eat something light, but my stomach by that time was filled with acid it felt like (even after the ranitidine). I'm unsure if that's from the impaction or the not eating however since my stomach still feels a bit soaked with acid lol. I would go to the ER sooner to prevent anything serious but, my father had a heart attack yesterday so my family is already in duress.

Since eating properly i honestly feel like n* is quite a rare occurrence whereas when i was n cos of stress last year the n* happened almost all day everyday it seems ;(

Generally, this does not cause someone to v*. However, not eating can make you very nauseous, and this is sometimes the reason people th* up from this. They tend to work themselves up over it, causing them to get sick.

But, don't worry about it, as I am sure you will be fine. Just relax, drink fluids, and try to eat what you can.

If you're not someone who v's easily or often, then I highly doubt it. Not eating can cause you to feel n, so if you're sensitive to that, then yes, you could in turn v. But for me I've had horrible hunger N and although I've felt terrible, it's never made me sick. Just try and sip on some fluids, to at least give you some sort of fullness. If it's possible, try nibbling on some crackers depending on how that feels for you. Best wishes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."