Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Off Topic: Any ideas for work from home jobs??

Hi Everyone,

Well, most of you know that I was in the medical field, which I loved, but had to stop because of this fear and the anxiety that goes with it. I am in retail now part time, not thrilled and it's getting stressful for me. So I am really considering working from home. I've been trying to research legitimate jobs and thought I would ask here since you are all always so helpful and come from such different areas and backgrounds. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: Off Topic: Any ideas for work from home jobs??

I have a family member who has a small advertisement business. The other two owners, a local couple, make advertisements, and she manages the financial parts of it. A small room in her house is like her little office, and although she sometimes has to go meet with clients, she works in her home office and often uses video chatting. Perhaps you could work for a small business like that if you don't mind staring at screens and talking on the phone a lot!

Depends on what your skills are. My bf works in software engineering and many of those can work from home. If you have good tech skills, you could be involved with that or tech support. If you are into sales and customer service, you can do that sort of thing or starting up a business of some type. If you are really good with writing and grammar, you can do some freelancing. If you get some education on transcription you can do some transcribing. If you are fluent and literate in another language you can get involved in translation services. If you have a background in education and are good in certain skills (like science or math or English) you can do online teaching and/or tutoring.
    Outside of those things, I am not sure what else would be legitimate work-from-home sources. I have a background in education and know English writing and grammar quite well so do freelancing here and there. It's hard to really make a good income from it as it takes time to build up, but it's nice for some side cash.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

You could work as a virtual assistant...it lets you work when you want. It's more of a freelance-type thing though, so if you're looking for bonuses and benefits, you're unlikely to find it. But for part-time, it could work.

Hi Guys, yes, I am looking into some things...I am definitely good at spelling and writing...not sure how the freelance stuff works, though. Do you have to find your own jobs? Anyone know...thanks in advance...

For freelance-type stuff, there are some websites that help get you set up. I've seen stuff like that on a site called "The Muse." (Not sure if we can post links to other sites on here, but since you're USA-based, a quick online search for that site will get you started.)

Thank you Kitbuddy...will check it out. Love your kitty picture!