Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Cant stop panicking

Lately I have been panicking a lot more than usual and I always feel N* when I panic and I feel like there is no way to stop that feeling. I am prescribed xanax and I used to take it daily but that was a week or so ago are withdrawal symptoms catching up to me now? Im really afraid that I am getting s* or something because I feel feverish. Anyone know how to calm down?? thank you ;((((

Default Re: Cant stop panicking

It sounds like mild withdrawal as your body balances out. I'd give it a few more days or so and see if you are doing any better. Best thing is find distractions and use techniques like 4-7-8 breathing, meditation, calming music, games, take a walk, chat with a friend, play with a pet, clean, whatever you like to do or find that can help relax you. I personally love listening to Buddhist or Hindu chanting. Not sure, but I find it very soothing.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Thank you!! I tried painting and it helped a lot!! Also I recently have been so stressed because I just got my permit so a lot of it was just anxiety about other things.. (16 soon :000) and also I have been seriously improving my diet which helps too... Thank you

could def be withdrawal from xanax, that stuff is pretty extreme! keep distracting yourself and finding ways that work for you to help calm you down, and i'm certain you will be fine <3