Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default can't sleep at night terrified of v* in my sleep, especially alone

hello everyone i need some advice. lately for about a month after a series of events i can not sleep very well. last month my brother got sick from a chrohn's flare up and i heard him heaving that night and i had a major panic attack with a vicious circle of n* and anxiety and took me at least 3 hours to sleep, then the next night during a softball game while i was playing i heard a teammate v* and i just ran for my dear life on the field before we played. since then i have been restricting things from my diet (mostly milk). the biggest hurdle is sleep. i cannot sleep without my mom. it's like when we are separated i feel n*. sometimes when she is with me still freak out that it will happen in my sleep

Default Re: can't sleep at night terrified of v* in my sleep, especially alone

Try taking benadryl before bed!! Its an antihistamine and it helps prevent n* and helps you seep better. There are many types of over the counter medications that are fairly safe!! I used to be very attached to my mom as well but I soon learned that she couldnt really help me if anything happened to me. I really recommend benadryl on nights you are feeling anxious. It will help you sleep!! Also take vitamins to keep your immune system up!! It gets better in time. Good luck!

Default Re: can't sleep at night terrified of v* in my sleep, especially alone

I don't think you should rely on any medication to sleep. I have the exact same fear of being sick in the middle of the night and It really helps to develop a good nighttime routine where you feel safe in your bed. Do things that comfort you before you sleep or- take a bath, read, cuddle, whatever. I also keep a plastic lined trash bin, water bottle, pepto and mint gum within reach of my bed just in case i wake up sick. You will figure it all out with time. Good luck!