Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Been exposed help! New member

So I work as an emt. So my partner and I were in the ambulance all day together yesterday. Started saying he wasn't feeling well. Had real bad stomach pain and went D three times while I was with him. We switch off driving and teching so I touched all the things he touch. He started saying he had a fever and was N too. He finally ended up leaving work around 6 yesterday evening. Texted him today to see how he was doing. He was admitted to the hospital for severe inflammation in his gastro tract. So other words pretty much the stomach flu. Said he only v once which is my main concern. I didn't touch my face and tried to sanitize the best I could when I worked with him but I was still in close quarters for like 5 hours with his having this. Like go home! So now I'm panicking it's been about 24 hours so far but the next 24 are going to be rough.

Default Re: Been exposed help! New member

First of all, CONGRATS on being an emt. How do you do this with your fear??? I would love to go back to medical assisting or more, but I just can't with all this anxiety. Anyway, tell me how you do it. I would just try to keep clean, keep your immune system up...people say 2 cups of grape juice each day will make your system more alkaline and harder for the virus to replicate. I always do extra vit C and garlic. Hang in there.
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Hey guys still stressing. It's been 42 hours. How long until I'm in the clear?

My son had 'it" and I couldn't relax for a long time. The immediate threat gets better after 72 hours to be safe. However, this virus can stay in your "poop" for up to two weeks...so handwashing is a must!!! You're getting there...I think you'll be okay. Keep washing! Maybe clean your shared areas too.
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6