Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default The Thrive Programme

Hi guys. Some of you might remember me. I used to post on here all the time and got some really great support over the years. I've not been on for a long time now and this post is about why.

My emet was completely out of control and I was spiralling. I'd tried absolutely every therapy and treatment going as well as a tonne of medication over the years and nothing worked. I was at the end of my tether and completely desperate so I bought the Cure Your Emetophobia and Thrive book. I started working through it by myself and it made loads of sense but I was still struggling so I found a Thrive Consultant and went through it with them… and it worked!

I know how completely skeptical I was about the programme going into it, but it's honestly the only thing to ever make any difference and now I can say that I don't have emet any more. Since I finished the programme I've trained as a Thrive Consultant because I really believe that it can help people to get over emet and that's so important to me. I'm not going to go on and on about how bad I was before or how much better I am now but the change is massive!

If anybody’s interested, my video story is on the Emetophobia Expert YouTube channel or on my fb page (Thrive with Kat) and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about Thrive on here! I hope this might help some of you who are having as rough a time as I was.

Kat x

Default Re: The Thrive Programme

That's wonderful to hear! I've been trying to find a therapist so I can start some form of treatment, but everyone is booked. It's a pretty hopeless situation, because I also think I need guadiance from a professional. I've heard positive things about the thrive programme, but I think the books are too advanced for me, as English is not my first language. Sadly there doesn't seem to be an alternative programme in Norwegian.

Anyway, again, wonderful news, and I will definitely check your YouTube video.

Default Re: The Thrive Programme

Sorry you're having problems finding a treatment. If you want to, send me a private message on here and we can talk more about thrive!