Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default in my own personal hell

driving across the country, day 1 i get sick. so n* and dry heaving but no v*. Day two, same thing at night, have never felt more n* and cannot v*. I go to the hospital and they give me some weird anti emetic that makes you feel like you want to crawl out of your own skin. I have over 20 hours of the trip left to drive and i cannot sleep or function. this is the first time i am seriously considering ending my life.

Default Re: in my own personal hell

Woah, what kind of antiemetic are you taking and why is it so bad? I never heard of a description like that before when talking about antiemetics!

Are you having any other symptoms? Could this be more from nerves?

idk the name but yes it is a known side effect. not nerves never been this bad in my life

Was it Reglan? That made me feel that way. Can you take a day to rest and watch tv at a hotel even if you can't sleep?

Please don't think this way canonguy!! You are STRONG and you can handle this!!! I know it suxxxxx and is so scary, but look at you driving across the country! (yes, I would have flown but that is a different story and I know you don't like flying). Yes, maybe you just need to take a rest for a bit. Where are you now? Anyone nearby? If you're near CT you can come visit me...
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

it was raglan! so so awful. still in denver. still feeling shitty. dad flew out to be with me but idk what the plan is i just cannot escape the n*

It definitely sounds like anxiety and not a bug or anything. Don't know if that makes you feel any better. Sometimes when you know it's just anxiety, it can make it a little easier. Glad your dad flew out for you...that should help. Keep us posted canonguy!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Denver? How about altitude s? Reglan is AWFUL!

I hope you're feeling better now. I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this awfulness. 😔

i am back in LA with my Dad. Anxiety is so high and i'm hungry but body is so high strung that it won't let me eat! hoping i will feel like myself soon enough