Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default TWO s* employees at my job, super worried

So I manage a restaurant.

I had 2 employees who had the sv* this past week. These employees live together and are in a relationship.

1 came into work yesterday and worked for a couple hours, we ended up sending her home because she was still struggling. She bartended for a short period of time.
    The 2nd worked out his shift last night, and worked a shift tonight. Last time they were ill was friday.
    They've touched nearly everything in the restaurant, so I'm really worried about being exposed.

I'm SUPER careful about what i touch and about washing my hands. I NEVER ever touch my mouth/eyes/nose at work. But I'm still worried out of my mind.
    They weren't ill at work, which is good.

The 2nd one who worked out his shift yesterday, came in today and worked as well. We didn't have any physical contact but he did manage to get somewhat close to me a couple times, so I'm freaking out.

Just as i thought this season was over.......

Default Re: TWO s* employees at my job, super worried

I have to be in a house tomorrow where 2 people have had the sv* and I'm freaking out! It's work and I can't call off just in case. I keep Clorox wipes in my car but I don't know if that will be enough. Any prevention tips???

How long ago did they have it?
    The best prevention is not touching anything you consume and no touching our face until you have time to properly wash your hands.
    I basically make it a die hard habit to not touch anything i eat and never to touch my mouth

Maybe a couple of days ago or yesterday I don't know and honestly I don't even know if they had the stomach thing. I know that they don't let anyone in the house for three days after someone gets sick. But I carry my anti-emetics I only have to be there for three hours and I just won't use the bathroom. I'm thinking I will carry latex gloves for when I get to my car so I don't have to touch my steering wheel. Then get home and take A shower in quarantine the clothes for four weeks.

I think I'm good it was more then likely food poisoning as the 2 people who got sick ate the exact same thing and got sick at the exact same time.

Quote Originally Posted by LAnn24 View Post
    I think I'm good it was more then likely food poisoning as the 2 people who got sick ate the exact same thing and got sick at the exact same time.
    I would still be careful, some food poisoning is contagious. And most of the time, food poisoning ends up being from the norovirus.

After you told me that I read all about it of course lol. The one thing that helped is that I learned that the food wasn't raw and people got sick within 6 hours and noro takes at least 12. Fingers crossed

I've had to work with people who were recently ill with the noro, and I handled it just the way you have and was fine Just be diligent about washing your hands frequently. This is slightly embarrassing, but I also brought a bottle of Lysol disinfecting spray to work once and just wiped down door knobs and other common areas. I also disinfect my cellphone every day with lysol spray as well. My co workers all know about my phobia so they just laughed at me but were fine with it. You're going to be ok!

You're kidding me! I did the same thing!!! Hydrogen peroxide helps too. I've worn latex gloves if I've been exposed then go home and wash my hands immediately about 30 times a day! I got Lysol Max and it has to sit 10 min to get get of noro. No need to be embarrassed!

So its been about a week now. I had to work with them both today...im doing better but not the best. Today, one of the two people who had it was talking kinda close to me...she ended up saying a word somewhat loud and although i didn't feel anything, she might have gotten some saliva on my face/mouth. I immediately washed out my mouth and washed my face a few times

Do you think the norovirus is transmissible thru saliva still after about 6 days someone has had it???

It is impossible to get infected by Norovirus in any of these ways:

1. Being “near” someone who has it, including co-workers or friends

2. Being on a plane with people who have it

3. Breathing the same air as someone who has it

4. Being in the same building as someone who has it

5. Walking past a pool of vomit on the floor, road or sidewalk

6. Having sexual relations with an infected person

7. Having a cut in your skin

8. Sitting on a toilet seat, or catching it through your rectum or genitalia
    9. Kissing someone who is not yet showing symptoms (Note: it may be possible to catch it from someone who has recently vomited by kissing them, as viral particles may be in their mouth from vomitus. But the virus is not transmitted through saliva.)

10. Sharing cups or utensils with someone who has the virus but isn’t showing symptoms (Note: It’s not recommend that you share drinks or utensils with someone anyway. Many other diseases can be transmitted this way – and some are more serious than Norovirus. However if you have shared a cup or fork with someone, then find out later that they have subsequently developed symptoms of a Norovirus, there is no need to fear.)