Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: freaking out

i really do not feel well, i haven't felt like this in years. i really
    feel like i'm going to v*, i've been taking gravol and i'm just totally
    freaking out and cannot relax at all. ughh i need help!

Liz- I hate to break it to you sweetie, but gravol isnt 100%. No anti-emetic is, so you have to resign yourself to the fact that you still might vomit. It's rough to think that, but it's reality.

If I were you I would get as comfortable as possible.....tie your hair back, get in comfortable clothes- even take a warm bath if that sort of thing relaxes you. Do you have a tv in your room, of have access to the livingroom? If so, make yourself comfortable, put on a chick-flick or trash tv- something to keep your mind off your current situation, or that might distract you for a period of time. Try to sip on something like tea, or a carbonated drink....when you feel really nauseous, take a small sip. Sometimes that helps me, and I'm positive that it has even stopped me from vomitting a few times. But, I would also keep a garbage pale, or bowl onhand- just in case. You don't want to make a mess if it does happen.

I know its scary, and you really really REALLY don't want to get sick....but think of it this way. If you do vomit, there is a big chance that you will probably feel a bit better afterwards. Also, this isn't due to some stomach virus- you have a head injury, and it tends to screw with your system......if you vomit once, it doesn't mean that it will open the floodgates, and you'll vomit over and over again.

Finally- you're a strong person. You will manage, even though you're really scared right now. Take a deep breath.....you can do this.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You feelin better Lizzo?

Hey liz hun,hope you are feeling better at the moment..

Drop us a line and let us know

xVx <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ok, I'm feeling a bit better. I made it through the night with no vomit! I acutally slept for 8 hours straight, then another hour and a half

I'm not feeling 100% right now ... but definetley not as bad as I felt last night.

(with the help of amber and my boyfriend) I calmed down a bit.

Me and amber also decided the culprit, half a box of after 8's does NOT help nausea :P

Glad you're feeling better. The thing is though, After 8s are very moreish!

Hey,glad to hear your feeling better....

and yup they are moreish mmmmm,I have a packet looking straight at me at the moment... :P

xVx