Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Best anti-nausea medicine?

As I wrote in a previous post, I've been suffering from pretty intense nausea lately (and somehow it feels even worse than ever right now). I frequently read about people using anti-emetics on here and I think it's time I have some on hand. I have something called Emetrol, its a liquid cherry medicine. I bought it a few months ago and just used it for the first time now because when I first bought it I stupidly read reviews about it and people said it made them v!!!! But tonight I needed some sort of relief so I decided to try it and now it's an additional source of anxiety because it tasted awful and I'm afraid it will back fire. Has anyone ever taken Emetrol? What really works for you? I'm at my wit's end here, and I'm so scared.

Default Re: Best anti-nausea medicine?

Dramamine works wonders.

Bonine is great. Look for meklazine hydrochioride. I take it every day, though I probably shouldn't, but it helps my anxiety.

Zofran for me. Dramamine made me tired. Zofran is a miracle drug in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by greasydago View Post
    Zofran for me. Dramamine made me tired. Zofran is a miracle drug in my opinion.
    Ever since this post, I've been doing research on zofran. Im definitely picking up some this week.

Anything with ginger in it, as ginger is a natural anti-nausea remedy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

I just got Zofran and so far it's been working great. Not being able to eat makes you nauseous and not only does it help your anxiety but it really cures nausea and I have been able to eat a little bit these last 2 days. Also I just bought ginger root. Any good recipes?

NOT REGLAN EVER (horrible experience when given this at the hospital). zofran helps sorta...it is the most mild one. ginger helps a lot too.

I agree with the reglan. That stuff is horrible. I find ginger capsules work very well. I've also tried compazine - very bad experience - and phenergren. The phenergren makes me very tired and foggy and a little grumpy the next day. I'm not even sure if it really helps the n. I just pass out from it so I don't really know if it actually takes it away. I've never had zofran as my doctor will not prescribe it for me. I do know that it can cause severe constipation as well as other major issues so it should be taken with caution. It is also only available by prescription.

what was your reaction to compazine? i hear that can cause anxiety just like raglan.

My reaction is very difficult to explain. I felt like I had restless leg syndrome all over my body. I could only lay on the bed curled up in the fetal position. I couldn't watch tv as I was unable to focus on anything. This terrible feeling lasted about 24 hours. My mother had the same reaction. It was awful.