Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Heavy n

Default Heavy n

I keep getting bouts of really heavy n and it's really scaring me. Yesterday I started feeling slight stomach cramps and then all the sudden got a little n. Luckily I was able to eat dinner and was totally fine. But after dinner the n came back and stuck around for hours. I drank a lot of water and that helped a little, enough for me to feel a little less afraid to go to bed.. Well now I'm up, its almost 5 am, I was actively thinking about work in my head/thinking I had work to do/maybe slightly hallucinating, and amidst these work-related thoughts I started getting really, really n so I Had to sit up and turn the TV on to calm myself down (and go on here). I'm feeling a little better but my stomach is bothering me and im gassy. Also afraid to go back to sleep (even though I am SO tired). What is going on with me????? Am I going to v? It's reassuring that the n isn't even necessarily that persistent...like sitting up and typing on here is sort of keeping it at bay. Ugh I don't know, I hate this.

Default Re: Heavy n

It sounds like your nerves! Our stomachs are directly affected by our emotions. I have horrible anxiety and even if I'm having anxiety not related to emetophobia, my stomach will feel awful. It gets even worse during a full blown panic attack. Do things to put yourself in a good mood and a positive head space! Chew on some mint gum or mint leaves to soothe your stomach, too.

I totally agree! Every panic attack goes straight to my stomach. It's taken me years to realize that most of my nausea is either hunger or nerves, but even knowing this doesn't help. If I'm freaked out enough I won't eat, which makes my stomach worse. It's good that you could eat because when I stop eating then go back to eating it makes you really gassy and feel weird. And if you go too long without eating and then eating way too much it makes you feel nauseous also. So I totally feel your pain. It's nerves or panic attacks.
    Last edited by LAnn24; 04-15-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Yeah I'd like to think it's nerves but I don't feel actively anxious about anything right now (aside from this frequent n). I don't know what's going on with me. I also feel gassy. The only thing that's calming me down is that when I picture myself eating, I don't feel totally repulsed. That's usually my test to see if I'm truly ill. I just don't know why this keeps happening.

No way! That's one of mine too! It happens to me when I'm not actively anxious. I think the nausea is what is making you anxious on it's own honestly. Anxiety probably caused nausea which is making you more anxious thus more nauseous. i will tell you that this is completely normal and i experience it all the time. Anxiety also gives you gas. i experienced that this morning, i was burping like 20 times in an hour after breaking a fast.

I can't tell you how reassuring that is, thank you. Always helps to hear someone else is experiencing what I am (as much as I wish neither of us were!!!). So grateful for this Website, it's seriously a life saver sometimes.

I know right? Now I don't have to ask everyone around me if I'm going to throw up and drive them all nuts! I'm having a really bad anxiety episode, I wrote a post and i think I called it: Am i in the clear? If I'm hungry, it means I'm nauseous, if I'm gassy it means I'm nauseous, any uncomfortable feeling in the stomach is nausea at least according to me. Also, i take Bonine if I think I'm nauseous, which is a lot!

I also get imaginary mouth watering or any thing I've heard associated with throwing up. I also get really bad acid reflux don't know if thats anxiety or not

I just keep feeling lurches in my throat I'm so freaked out😕

Yes, I've gotten the mouth watering too.

That lurchy feeling like you need to yawn? I'm going to tell you what people tell me. You are not going to throw up! When you're in that anxious state you notice every single thing your body is doing. If you haven't gotten sick by now, you're not going to.
    Last edited by LAnn24; 04-15-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Its that feeling like you have to yawn, I know it will. You yawn when your brain isn't getting enough oxygen and if you're anxious you're probably breathing really shallow or really fast taking oxygen away. These are just some things that i tell myself that I know are true but have trouble believing

No like stuff happening in my throat.. Coming up or just movement. I can't explain and feel crazy! But thank you I really appreciate that! Need to hear that.

So here is my situation: Starting on Wednesday I had to be around people who were sick on Sunday night I later found out that it was more then likely food poisoning as both people ate the same thing and got sick at the same time within 6 hours of eating. I know that noro food poisoning has a slower onset. That should make me feel better but it doesn't. I know that the incubation period starts at initial exposure so I'm past the 72 hour mark. I'm 48 hours out from Thursday and 24 hours out from Friday. Also their symptoms were being really sick all night then just tired that next day. Everything I look at points to food poisoning as nothing was raw. I'm going through latex gloves, hydrogen peroxide and disinfectant. I am obsessive compulsively googling everything. I didn't eat for over 48 hours and only ate cereal with fruit today. Am i in the clear?

It def sounds like you're in the clear. How are you feeling?

Anxious! IM over 48 hours from last possibly imagined exposure especially if it was just food poisoning. My hands are raw from washing them so much. I've lost at least 5 pounds. I had a panic attack before and during church last night but thankfully I was able to eat which made me freak out! How are you feeling?

That's really rough 😕. It's all nerves, though. It's really difficult to believe but from an outside perspective that's definitely what it sounds like.

I'm once again awake at an ungodly hour (2:54 am) with a nauseous tummy ache. I'm seriously so tired of this and so concerned. I don't know what is repeatedly bringing this on. It needs to stop.

It's anxiety. Heating pad on your stomach really helps. I'm 72 hours out!