Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It's interesting the way different people react to the virus differently.....

So my friend's partner came down with norovirus last week on Monday evening. He v* 3 times at night and was feverish, but overall he felt better by the next day and said he was "well enough to go to work" (Which actually infuriated me....stay home if you're still 'kind of' sick!). Two nights later, my friend got extremely ill with the noro. She said she v* too many times to count and also had d*. She was talking about being so sick that every time she v* she thought she was going to pass out, and that it lasted WAY longer than her partners. I assume they both had the same thing, but it was very interesting to me the way both their bodies handled the virus in such different ways. Makes me curious about the ways our bodies can fight off things better than others. It seems a little reassuring, but mostly just super interesting. Besides all that, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm terrified to catch it from her. She got sick Friday (early in the AM), and I won't be seeing her or interacting with her till tomorrow (Monday) at school. But I am still so anxious to be around her and potentially use the same public restroom as her. I feel like she is still a cesspool of germs right now I'll be doing my best to wash my hands frequently, avoid touching my face and mouth, and avoid physical contact with her. But still, I'm pretty scared and anxious. I'm soooooo over this phobia And also this noro season seems to be dragging on forever. Thanks in advance for any kind words or validation. <3

Default Re: It's interesting the way different people react to the virus differently.....

Hey jje!

I found this interesting!! I also believe I may have caught Noro in 2009 or something similar cos my bro went down with it terribly for days starting from a Sunday(classic emet remembering such detail !) and on the Friday I felt so close to v*ing and I had d* all day... But I remember the whole thing being over with within 48 hours and I definitely had it minor... Hmmm... I just don't understand how people don't catch it who are in close contact! My ex had it in May 2015 and I freaking kissed him on the lips as he told me it was poisoning... He went on to describe it as the worst day of his life so I wanted to award my stomach that weekend as the other housemates caught it... I was probably lucky .... But yeah, try to encourage her not to go to school til Wed, surely she won't feel up to it ??

Default Re: It's interesting the way different people react to the virus differently.....

I don't know why this is going on so long either! Are you is the US? What I would do in that situation is stay home from school myself.

I also remember noro situations in perfect detail like you do! Lol! It all makes me wonder if some people are just more susceptible to v* compared to others, or they just simply "give in" to v* more than others. I feel like I hear so much about emets just experiencing d*....maybe it's because we fight the urge to v* pretty well! Just a thought!

Yeah I'm in the U.S.! In california. What about you?

I know noro and sv are international. It happens everywhere. but it's still weird to me to hear about it in warm areas like California! The virus thrives in cold weather. I've been miserable this last winter, as I am in Minnesota. It's cold here for about 6 months! And even though it's starting to warm up, I STILL caught a stomach bug 10 days ago and v*d my brains out for 5 hours.

I caught a sv going around last October (which was spring by the way) it even hit the news with the amount of people catching it. It went through work and they
    All v*. Then it was my turn and I didn't. It was so frigging hard but with a lot of will and determination I didn't. Anti emetics did nothing. But then a virus I had years ago there was nothing I could do to stop myself :/