Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Curious

Default Curious

I Don't message on here very often, but why is it there are always people complaining of how nauseous they are feeling, but is just because they have only eaten junk food, surely common sense must come in somewhere.

Default Re: Curious

Well, that's the thing with phobias: you don't think rationally. And people are in different stages of recovery and everyone aren't able to use logic to fight off the anxiety. Just ignore it if it bothers you that much.
    Last edited by bleue; 04-21-2017 at 12:04 PM.

With emetophobia, people eat with the foods that make them feel the safest. That just so happens to be mostly processed sterile packaged food, of which most are high in carbs and sugar. So no shit they aren't going to feel well, which will make an emet feel off and then trigger those thought patterns we are all so familiar with. There is no common sense with any sort of phobia. Most, if not all, phobias are irrational.

I see a lot of folks here who's problem is a very obvious answer, but like others said phobias are crazy irrational.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

My rational mind tells me that I will feel off after not eating for over 24 hours then eating a cookie and a few crackers (which I just did). I have had more frequent extreme anxiety lately so my rational mind is not in control right now. My fear is over-riding my ability to be logicall. And yes we complain, but that's why we are here to support each other because everyone who doesn't suffer from this is probably sick about hearing about our stomach problems. Mine has been so bad lately that I can hardly eat.