Quote Originally Posted by AndreaAndee View Post
Hi! The same thing happened to me several years ago. We were actually on the highway in January, snow on the ground. Not many people driving....we approached a car along the side of the road, and just as we were going by, a guy opened the door and leaned out and.................I was FREAKING out!!! What are the odds that we would be going by just at that exact time??? I started hyperventilating like you, driving faster. It was me, hubby, and the kids in the car. NOT fun! I couldn't get it out of my head for the longest time. I thought it was some sort of foreshadowing. Well, that was several years ago...but yes, I still am careful not to look at cars pulled over. Sighhhhh. Hang in...
Thanks for your comment, AndreaAndee. I would usually get nervous when I saw a door opening in traffic regardless. It was stuck in my head all last night. It really disturbed me, almost the same as if I had seen someone get killed or a bad accident. I hate to compare it to something more serious, because I know that would be a million times more traumatizing...but that's how it was. I thought the same thing - what are the odds of this happening in front of me? When I thought of all the things that had to go right (or wrong) in order to set up this scenario...like, if only I had skipped flossing my teeth. If only I had gone to Starbucks first. If only I hadn't laid in bed so long looking at Instagram. I felt like it was a test of some sort and I already had been through a stressful enough week as it was with other things, I had to see this?? Ugh. So disgustingly vile.