Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Son has stomach bug

Here goes...this is the first time I have reached out or spoken. My family and husband know that I'm "weird about bugs and cleanliness etc" their words not mine. But that's it. My son is 2 1/2 and my husband took him to a soft play Saturday. I hate the places if I'm honest. They're like germ factories. But I don't like to force my issued on my son or husband so I kept quiet. This morning 2am he started vomiting and had pretty much carried on. He's going to sleep now with my husband. I'm feeling so on edge and tearful. I just want to run away and hide. Can't sleep can't eat. I feel a terrible mother.

Default Re: Son has stomach bug

Hello and welcome. We have all been there with our children. Yes, I don't much like those play areas...you really need to clean them like crazy afterward. Anyway, hope your hubby can help him if you cannot. Don't feel like a bad mother. I felt the same way when my kids were young. But a therapist once told me that that's why there are two parents. If one can't do it, the other can. As long as the kids are well loved and taken care of, they will be fine. Please don't feel bad. This fear causes us to do strange things...it's not your fault. I would let hubby do the dirty work, and for you to keep everything clean. You need to use bleach to clean this virus, diluted with water, of course. And keep up your immunity too. People swear by drinking 100% pure purple grape juice...2-3 glasses a day. It is supposed to make your digestive system more alkaline and less likely for the virus to attach. Hang in there, HUN!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Thank you...sometimes I feel like I'm going mental. I have been bleaching like crazy. My hands are grey sore. Huh purple grape juice.... I never would have thought that. I heard acidopholus taken daily keeps your gut immunity healthy too. I know I need to keep my immunity high but I cannot manage to eat but have had wine and water which is probably silly. But I feel like I'm less likely to have a panic attack now. I am proud as I cared for LO all day and held him while he vomited even though it was incredibly hard. I have done so many washes and had so many showers. Today I have finally realized I may need help with this. Thank you for replying. I appreciate it xx

No problem vuren. Wow, you took care of him and stayed with him!! That's way more than I can do...I still can't be in the same room with someone. Yes, if you could maybe start seeing a therapist, that would definitely help. Best to you.
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaAndee View Post
    No problem vuren. Wow, you took care of him and stayed with him!! That's way more than I can do...I still can't be in the same room with someone. Yes, if you could maybe start seeing a therapist, that would definitely help. Best to you.
    It was so hard I cried through most of it and my HR was poundingly high. I felt a wreck. But I did it. I still don't know how. I just want to run away. My husband had to sleep next to him though at night. I just couldn't. Definitely going to see someone. I can't do this again feeling like this.

Oh my goodness, I have been in your exact shoes, except I was not able to hold my daughter while she was sick. That is so amazing of you. I was a complete mess and fell into a deep depression that lasted many months after my daughter was sick in November 16. I decided to seek therapy because she is only 2 so I have many years ahead of me to deal with this horrible fear. It is also holding me back from having a second child. It is an awful, awful fear, and I'm so sorry you are dealing with it.

I'm so sorry but hang in there. I've been through it with both my kids and I've renewed my hope for getting help. It's a horrible phobia and not many understand. hugs