Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT: Exercise or not??? Need some perspective

Hi Everyone,

I need some help with something that's been bothering me a lot. I'm pretty healthy...I eat well, get enough sleep, don't drink or smoke, I'm 5 ft 1 and about 97 lbs...always been thin due to this fear. Anyway, I do most things "right" but I don't like exercising!!! I will walk with hubby after dinner when the weather is nice. We will do a mile or two. I've tried to do a little weight lifting to get my arms toned, but I always give up. I'm in CT, so when the weather is cold (like NOV to at least MAR), I won't go out much.

The problem is that I feel extremely guilty about not exercising!! I know it's so good for you, so I feel like if I don't, I won't live as long, I will have things wrong with me, etc, etc...

I guess what I would like to know is how many of you exercise? And is it okay not to? Is it that bad for you??? It just weighs on me constantly..... THANK YOU in advance!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: OT: Exercise or not??? Need some perspective

It's recommended that you exercise a few times a week for at least 30 minutes to keep you healthy but of course, everyone is different! Some people are completely healthy with exercising and even without exercising.

I made the decision to start exercising regularly last year. I mostly do Beach Body programs in the comfort of my own home (I'm not fond of gyms) and they usually last 40 min or less. I'm a big fan of 21 Day Fix because it's short and incorporates a healthy eating plan with cardio and light weightlifting. I highly recommend it!

I exercise 3-5 days a week and have been for many years. I've also recently started a clean eating program in order to lose weight and to try to ease my digestive issues. So far so good. Exercise has many health benefits but the best part for me is the stress and anxiety relief I get from working out. I've tried the Beach Body programs but I get bored with them quickly. I honestly could not stand the woman who did the 21 Day Fix workouts. They were also very boring. I take a Zumba class twice a week and I also do strength training.
    Last edited by tiredofitall; 05-09-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Error

You are all so good! Yes, I would like the stress reducing effects of exercising...I just hate it all! I guess I want someone to tell me it's okay not to exercise, except for the walking...sighhhh...
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6