Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I thought sv* season was over

Anxiety has been great lately, but of course i come into work today and ask why an employee was sent home...he v* over 7 times within a couple hours before he came into work...i'm freakin outttt

Default Re: I thought sv* season was over

It's going around my area right now as well, mostly among kids though. I know we think of "Sv season" as being in the winter, especially around the holidays when people gather and share a lot of meals, but really it's around all the time. My kids always tend to catch it in the fall, around September/October when school starts back up. But somehow, they randomly caught it this past weekend too (Mid-May!). If your coworker has kids, it's likely he caught it from them. And remember, it may not even be a sv. He could be having an allergic reaction to food or medication, or maybe he ate something that gave him food poisoning. Just remember to wash your hands, eat properly, and get plenty of rest, it really will help.

I am always going to the doctors. In fact, the other day I actually walked closely past someone holding a s* bowl (It surprisingly didn't stir up my anxiety atall!) n* is here in winter, I think it's called WVB (winter v* bug) because there are real outbreaks of it. My point about the doctors is I go all the time, little kids are there, I could catch anything v* from there but the worst I've caught is a cold. Plus, even when I was very young, and my brother got ill with n*, I never caught it (well rarely anyway) and that was when I was about 5, people say it's easily spread but it's not even airborne, (what I've read) don't worry about it, I don't even believe it is that 'spreadable' the only reason they say it is is because it only takes a small number of the sv to infect you, but if you haven't touched an infected surface or whatever, then it's highly unlikely!

I too have heard of a few people coming down with the sv this past week. Although the season should have passed the virus is really always around. It's just more prevalent from November through April.

So ridiculous!!! Can never catch a break for real. And now this other guy who works here got the same sv* from the other co worker, i'm gonna rip my hair out. I'll keep doing what i always do and be careful.

Here is a classic graph that I put together for my Vomiting FAQ. Doug

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 05-18-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here is a classic graph I created for my Vomiting FAQ:

http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/vomitingseason.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

interesting!! how do you gather the statistics for the graph? and are these strictly episodes of v* or are they sv* occurrences?

oh my god, someone else just told me they feel like theyre going to become s*! i am freaking the hell out and now i'm not feeling so hot. although the last two days i've been working out, something which i haven't done in years, so it could be me feeling tired from that?

CARLOVE, the graph was based on hundreds of answers to the last large vomiting survey I did. The question was, in what month did you last vomit.

I understand completely.

I hate it when people come into work the next day after being ill... it's still in their system and I have to spend 8 hours in a room with them! Sometimes my hands are red raw with the hand washing. People think I'm weird and need to get over it but its genuinely terrifying. I cannot concentrate on my work especially if someone coughs.