Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

like, every year? is it 3-4 times? I know i read it somewhere but I can't find it now.

cause I've been fighting n* since lunch time and I'm scared I might get sick.

I don't even remeber what it feels like right before you v* so every little thing is taking me into overdrive.

I don't want to do this anymore. I hate my emet.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I think you are feeling anxiety and that is why you are nausous. You are thinking about it too much and you mind is in overdrive with thoughts of feeling sick. Just try and relax. As far as how many times one v* a year?? When was the last time you did it? Mine 6 1/2 years ago and before that 10 years...so that is not accurate cause every one is different and us emets rarely do it!! SO calm down...I am postive you will be fine. Let us know how you are feeling.

I haven't V*ed in 6 years *Knock on wood* but I'm an Emet. As for my sister who ISN'T an Emet she hasn't vomited in 4 or 5 years. And my parents who aren't Emets haven't vomited in probably 10+. Just try to relax, breathe deeply, it's probably just anxiety. I know I read somewhere that "Normal" People V* like 3-4 times a year but as I said, My parents and my sister haven't in a while...so I wouldn't worry about it.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Another emet website did a study, and found the "average" to be once a year. However, this averages in people who sort of do it on purpose whenever they're feeling a bit off. My grown children vomit more than once a year, and don't blink an eye. My husband, who has no fear of it whatsoever, recently broke his 23-year record with a little too much scotch! (We all thought it was kind of funny).

Emetophobes can go 30, 40 even 50 years...probably a lifetime. Then again, some emets succumb to a virus or poison and "break their record" as well.

Point is...there is no "normal". And it doesn't matter. You're you, and the real crux of the matter is that you have an irrational fear. Once you overcome the fear, you'll just stop counting (as to the past) and worrying (as to the future).
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanx guys.

i really haven't been feeling well lately and I work at Panera Bread so everything is so fast paced and I can't take a break when I need to. it just kinda sucks cause all I wanna do is crawl back into bed and wait for everything to pass.

i'm just going to go sleep everything off right now. thanks again!