Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bad tomatoes??

Default Bad tomatoes??

I'm back, again. Ugh.

I have (or had) a package of Cherub cherry tomatoes. I bought them some recently and munch on them as a snack often. Tonight I had chick pea salad and wanted to include some. On the bottom of the package I found a really moldy tomato. I tossed it and examined the others. I gave each individual tomato I put into my salad a thorough inspection--they were all normal-looking. So I ate a few and as usual googled (after the fact) if its OK to eat the other tomatoes if one is moldy. I found a few articles saying its smart to toss the whole package 😦. Now my tummy is bothering me and I don't know if it's anxiety or if I now have FP.....help.

Default Re: Bad tomatoes??

I wouldn't worry about that! People are overly cautious about that a lot of the time. Often, I will even cut moldy or soft parts off and eat the rest. I am always fine!

No worries - it is most likely just anxiety! if I find a bad cherry tomato in the bunch, I just toss it out and eat the others. Never had an issue!

It'll be anxiety. No worries honestly. The acid in your stomach will kill the mold. Worse case is that you'll get stomach ache.