Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Being put on antibiotics, worried about side effects

So I've had this rash that hasn't gone away for a couple months now..
    Went to the doctor today and she told me i have a Staph infection and prescribed me Bactrim DS.
    I looked up reviews and theres a ton of people saying it has caused them to feel extremely n* and some have v*...
    I really need this infection to go away but not at the risk of v*...has anyone taking this medication before? Is there anything i can do to help possible n* or is there an alternative?

Default Re: Being put on antibiotics, worried about side effects

take it with a meal and take some probiotics. antibiotics make us sick because they kill the good bacteria in our gut along with the bad if you replace the good bacteria with probiotics it really helps

What Cannonguy said, BUT do not take them within a 2 hour span of each other i.e. Take the antibiotics at 4pm don't take a probiotic smtikk at least 6pm. The antibiotic will kill the good bacteria in the probiotic. Also the pharmacist told my hubby when I had sinus surgery that a lot of the time antibiotics will make your stomach sick if not taken with enough water to break it down and move out of your stomach faster. Ever since learning that I drink a FULL glass of water with antibiotics and make sure to eat even a little something with it!

i've read that to take them apart from each other, ill be sure to do that.
    i took half a dose yesterday with a ton of food and water and felt so so.
    i just took another half a dose with yogurt and a muffin and tons of water. hopefully i'll feel ok, i did take a probiotic with the antibiotic today but i'll be sure to not do that anymore...should i take another probiotic 2 hours from now or??
    Last edited by Carlove; 05-03-2017 at 12:29 PM.

I don't think you can take too many probiotics! Especially if you're taking an antibiotic. I would try to eat things that are not too challenging to digest, too. Perhaps get some fermented foods/kombucha, etc.

I've been on it a few times! The first day I was a tad nauseas but it wasn't bad enough for me to stop the med. after day #2 I felt fine and kept taking them! I think you'll be fine also!!

I've been on trimethoprim (no side effects whatsoever) and on amoxicillin. Neither made me even feel sick. The amoxicillin did make my tummy feel uneasy at first, not sick though, not even close. And when I started eating probiotic yogurt, I flet fine.

I wasn't completely fine the whole time!!! thank you everyone for your support, means a lot