Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation D*, and my exams start tomorrow!! Help!

I was revising for my biology exam (which is tomorrow, the start of my GCSEs) and my lower abdomen started to really hurt on and off. After about an hour of this, I went to the toilet and (sorry!) it was very loose and fluffy. Oh shit, literally.

5 minutes after my mum drove me to the local shop. I bought 2 packet of Immodium and some antacids. I am prepared. Or so I thought.

We then drove down the road to the mcdonald's drive thru because mum wanted to get her dinner from there. When I got my drink, I took 2 immodiums like the packet says I should and I got really dizzy. Everything went weak and I started to really panic. Just got back now (it's 2 minutes away from my house in the car) and my arms are achy and heavy and my head hurts (my tummy does to) and i'm shaking (anxiety) and... i really don't want to v* not now, not ever, but especially not now. gcses start tomorrow.

Is it PMS? IBS (ever though this has never happened before with my ibs). Combination of the 2 (day 18 on cycle). Something I ate? I did have one bite of a shady sausage sandwich like 7 hours ago. I am praying to an unknown deity that this isn't an sv. What is this?

As I said, final exams start tomorrow. I wasn't really worried about it ..until now! D:
    Last edited by BarnOwl; 05-15-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over

Default Re: D*, and my exams start tomorrow!! Help!

Could just be your mind getting the best of you. I have BAD IBS and if I let my mind get the best of me, it gets worse.... especially when it hits me out of nowhere (most especially in the middle of the night). Im sure your cycle isnt making it any better! Try to take a breath, sip something soothing (ice chips and ice water for me, but its different for everyone, what works) and try to find something to focus your attention on. Sometimes getting your mind off things makes it better and gets you out of your own head. I hope you feel better!

Default Re: D*, and my exams start tomorrow!! Help!

Thank you for replying! I think it was a combination of anxiety affecting the IBS which was also affected by my PMS - really not a good combo! I woke up feeling really hot and heavy, still feel a bit like that and a bit n* but I'm guessing it's because I'm worried about something happening in the exam (which i can tell it's anxiety because my mouth is disgustingly dry). Which I hope it won't. I'm gonna do my exam whether I like it or not! Starts in 1 hour and 45 minutes...of course it's a biology exam about illness and disease!
    Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over