Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question about disney world and emetophobia

Hello! This is a bit off topic but kind of relevant I guess. I'm going to Disney World this Saturday and I am SUPER excited. I'm going with my boyfriend who has never been there before. I love Disney rides (for the most part) because there aren't many big roller coasters, minus a few. I hate roller coasters almost as much as I hate v* (for me it goes hand in hand, I get nervous that I will v* because of a roller coaster). Anyways, my boyfriend has heard a lot about Space Mountain and of course really wants to go on it. I told him I'd go on it too, but I am very nervous about it and scared it will trigger n*. I've never been on that ride there before. I went on Splash Mountain once (the log flume) and I absolutely hated it and had a panic attack the whole ride. I hate big drops. Do you think it's too risky to go on Space Mountain? I know it's in the dark which is good because I would close my eyes anyway, but it makes me nervous because I have literally no clue what to expect. Has anyone been on this ride before? Are there any big drops? If I don't chicken out, should I take something like dramamine before hand? Any advice would be nice!

Default Re: Question about disney world and emetophobia

Go! Go! Go! Space Mountain is the second most fun thing you can do in the dark.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Question about disney world and emetophobia

I have not been on Space Mountain, but my 7-year-old rode it with his dad and his 8 and 9 year old cousins last summer when we were in Disney. He absolutely loved it. I know there is no upside-down, and the height requirement is pretty low--44 inches, I think? So I imagine it can't be too rough of a ride. (I wanted to ride too, but my daughter didn't meet the height requirement so we met princesses instead, LOL!) If it gives you any kind of comfort, I LOVED roller coasters when I was younger and I have ridden some pretty intense ones at various theme parks over the years--Six Flags, Busch Gardens, etc. I have never experienced motion sickness from a roller coaster. Have a great time in Disney!!