Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling really anxious...

I am new to this site and i am so glad i found it. I didnt realize that the fear of getting sick was a real thing and i am not alone. I have always been fearful of getting sick but recently it has been really bad, i get into a complete panic. I avoid eating and going out to eat and i try to stay away from anyone who has been sick in the last three days. It becomes hard when the people i love are sick and i cant comfort them. I havent told anyone that i suffer from this because i am afraid they will not understand and think i am crazy. Like right now my boyfriend doesnt feel good and i cant even be around him because i am afraid of getting sick. I dont know what to do and it is making me feel extremely anxious. I am very thankful that this website is available for people like me, maybe talking to other people who suffer like i do will help me overcome this phobia.

Default Re: Feeling really anxious...

My anxiety about this is so bad that I am crying and I have no one to talk to. I think that is why I am so upset and cant calm down.

So lets start thinking about this whole thing logically.

You're boyfriend said he doesnt feel well. Theres a million reasons he might not feel well, have you asked him why he isn't feeling good?
    He might not even be ill.
    I encourage you to read this, it should ease your anxiety and clear up any misconceptions. http://www.emetophobia.org/showthrea...orovirus-Facts

You're definitely not alone. Take some deep breaths and tell yourself that its going to be ok, because it will be.

Yay my favorite link! Pray! I say a decade of the rosary when i'm feeling anxious of sick and it goes away after. Also, Saint Elmo is the patron saint of stomach ailments